TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready to put a system in my 95 bird. im going to be going ith lightning audio, but need some help. heres the info

12" sub 750 Watts

2 Kapton Matrix Former
Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Surround
Polypropylene Cone
Flow Grate
Hyper-Extended Base Plate
Size: 12"
Impedance: 4-Ohms
Power Handling: 150 Watts RMS / 750 Watts Max.
Motor Size: 40 oz. magnet
Voice Coil: 2"
Speaker Connector: Spade terminal
Mounting Depth: 4-15/16
Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 1.25 cu. ft. / (35.4 liters)

but im going to do two, what size amp do i need for one or both, something that can handle the power.

·
Registered
514 Posts
First off how much are you buying the subs for? They only have 40oz magnets so they arent going to be able to do to much.

Second I would buy this amp if i was going to run those in my car...click here for info

It would be a good match for those subs.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
OK, first off how much are you spending on the whole setup? And secondly, NEVER buy an amp from walmart if you want some thump. I pieced together a sub system from eghey, as follows. (You can still get the exact same thing now)

2 Pioneer 12" DVC (dual voic coil) subs... $150
1 Soundstream EGA900D D class amp 900w RMS $195
Audio pipe 4G wiring kit, about... $30
Dual box from local audio shop... $45

COMPLETELY satisfied. I have this thing turned up at about a 1/3 of what it can do and it sounds great. Turn it up enough and it'll make you sick an bother the neighbors a block over. All for about $400ish... cant be beat for the price. Did the instal myself as well, wired at 1 ohm.

-Joel

·
Registered
56 Posts
chsplayer said:
im getting ready to put a system in my 95 bird. im going to be going ith lightning audio, but need some help. heres the info

12" sub 750 Watts

2 Kapton Matrix Former
Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Surround
Polypropylene Cone
Flow Grate
Hyper-Extended Base Plate
Size: 12"
Impedance: 4-Ohms
Power Handling: 150 Watts RMS / 750 Watts Max.
Motor Size: 40 oz. magnet
Voice Coil: 2"
Speaker Connector: Spade terminal
Mounting Depth: 4-15/16
Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 1.25 cu. ft. / (35.4 liters)

but im going to do two, what size amp do i need for one or both, something that can handle the power.

In all honesty, Lightning audio isn't going to hit that 750max handling. that is more of a ILS rating (If Lightning Strikes).

Get yourself a small amp that is about 400 watts, preferably a mono amp, one that is two ohm mono capable. I say go with a mono amp cause they are designed to do only one thing...subwoofer duties. Your 4ohm subs when wired mono will produce a 2 ohm load. So find a smaller little 2 ohm stable mono amp. You could stand to do very well with Coustic, Elevation Audio, Hifonics, Crunch, MTX, any of these will do you justice. Even the JL E2150 2 channel will give you about 330w mono into 2 ohms. All can keep you in a price range of around 200/amp.

Just don't try to get to the 750 ea rating..you will blow the hell out of those subs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts