TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know any tricks about getting rid of a cold quickly. The whole rest thing is outta the question since Im getting close to the end of the semester and finals are coming up. I really need to have this gone by Sat.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
When I get sick I take large amounts of vitamin C, 4,000mg in the morning and 4,000mg at night. I'm a big guy so it works out for me but don't take so much that it upsets your stomach.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, Im 6 even and 190 so I guess a big dose would work for me.

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
Vitamin C has always helped me, also some Zinc and Echinacea. Those Cold Ease drops can't hurt either.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks embalmer. I wish Id learned what it was that my grandpa made, some kind of drink, lots of booze in it from what I can remember. Worked great for everyone who took it. But the mix died with him lol.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'm 6'3" and 380 so I'm a tad bit bigger...
I'm definately gonna try some peppermint booze next time I'm sick. :)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL ok maybe Ill cut the dose a little

Ive been going with OJ and rum all morning. All Ive got, later on Ill take a walk to the pharmacy and grab some Vitamin C. If that doesnt help then I guess Ill grab a bottle of that tomorrow

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Eat alot....feed a cold starve a fever lol. and thera flu! thera flu rocks, get the apple cinnamon stuff. they just changed the flavor a little so it tastes less like tylenol and more like hot apple cider.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
NyQuil

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
nyquil and dayquil during the day. Keep that in your system :) and drink alot of water and maybe take some extra vitamin C

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Drink lots and lots of water, take quite a bit of Vitamin C during the day. 2 shots Whiskey, 2 Shots Rhum, 2 Shots Brandy, before bed.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Heat and a fever. The fever is how your body kills the the flu. Don't take any drugs, drink lots of water and easily digestible food. Take a long hot shower, and stay very warm, I'm talking sweating.

·
8,239 Posts
vitamin c dude, I take at least 4000mg of that per day. Get the chewable orange flavored ones at target and you won't be sick all winter.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the tips, I woke up still feeling like **** but Im starting to feel better already, between the Vitamin C, booze, heat and hot drinks.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
GreenBird said:
Heat and a fever. The fever is how your body kills the the flu. Don't take any drugs, drink lots of water and easily digestible food. Take a long hot shower, and stay very warm, I'm talking sweating.
Couldnt have said it better myself....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts