TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird writing about this on a TCCOA site, but I'm just venting. The girl that I've been dating for the last 10 months has made a decesion to break up with me. I ask her why she wants to break up, she replies "I'm a bad girlfriend." That is her main excuse. Shouldn't that be up to me to decide?

She tells me that she loves me and I love her. But yet she still wants to call it quits and no matter what I do it doesn't help. Her attitude turned completely around during the last few weeks. Don't know what to do.

I can't eat, I can't sleep. I spend time with friends and family but yet I still feel the same way - I feel horrible. I sometimes think that her best friend is trying to break us up (since she moved in with her and her family recently). I don't know if that's the reason, but that's why I'm trying to be persistant.

I wrote her a song and recorded it for her. I have yet to give it to her. That is my last resort. I don't know what else I can do. I refuse to accept her lame excuse as being break-up worthy...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Don't give the song to her. She found someone else. Go hang out with your dudes and drink a few beers. Get over it.

Sucks, but the more you think about her the worse it's going to get... just accept it now and show her you don't need her.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Oh, there's a reason. She just ain't telling you what it is....

Move on, too many good women out there looking to be wasting time on one treats you like that.

·
Pawn Shop Pro
466 Posts
And slap on the PIMP gear and go show her that youc an do the same thing. Don't let the way she feels about you get to you because it will only make things worse. Trust me on this I am going through this right now and it's going to be ok. I know you probably still love her and stuff but so do I with my ex- but you just can't live your life running behind a girl who doesn't feel the same about you. It's just not possible man. So i suggest you just keep your head up and get on with your life. There will be many others so don't worry about ANYTHING.

-Anthony-

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Drive XR7 said:
Don't give the song to her. She found someone else. Go hang out with your dudes and drink a few beers. Get over it.

Sucks, but the more you think about her the worse it's going to get... just accept it now and show her you don't need her.
What he said. The whole "It's me, not you" thing means someone else. Especially if she admits she is "a bad girlfriend". She knows something you don't know and might not want to know.
It's best to move on. It will hurt less to try move on then to try to make it all work again.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I'll third that!!! :beek:

"I'm a bad girlfriend" = "I'm doing someone else"!!! :redmad:

I know it's tough, but move on... Or better yet, any money you would spend on her, like going to the movies, or dinner, gifts, etc... specifically spend it on your car! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Beer, the cause and solution to all life's problems!

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Awww..Im sorry to hear that. Yea girls can be confusing at times. We think up things in our heads and go on instincts. I do not know what may be on her mind in your case, but like someone else said, there is a reason and she is choosing not to tell you it. Its going to be hard, but move on.
Like the saying goes.. "If you love something then set it free and if it comes back to you its yours, if it doesnt it never was"

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
FordTBirdGirl said:
Yea girls can be confusing at times.
:rofl: :rofl: I think that officially classifies as the understatement of the millennium!! :rofl: :rofl: :tongue: ;)

"If you love something then set it free and if it comes back to you its yours, if it doesn’t it never was"
No, the "correct" saying is:

"If you love something then set it free and if it comes back to you its yours, if it doesn’t.... hunt it down and kill it" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
So sorry.. Know the pain... Going thru the same thing here..

My fiance just broke up with me after 6 yrs and some months..
'Cause we want different things...
But I know why, she wants to party all night long
with her friends, sell the apartment and go on trips all over
the world...
I wanted to get married, buy a house and start a family.
I didn't mind making trips to thailand or whatever
just not as often as she wants...
Sucks though 'cause I've been there for her when she had no apartment,
no job, no driverslicense, no friends, panic attacks, I sold my car to afford our
current apartment and now I've got to pay here 19500 bucks
'cause out apartment increased in value since we
bought it 3 yrs ago...

But let me tell you, if she can't give you a reason she not worth
it... And seriously... If she's been unfaithful...
You won't feel any better after you know..
Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

Then this about going out with your buddies and get dead drunk...
Let's put it this way.. Everybody has their own ways of getting
over stuff.. Some drink, some work their asses off, some hangs with their
parents or close family, some work on their cars and so on.
Do whatever makes you feel better...

It'll take a few months to get over her and then you're fit for fight again..
And you're young... Lots of girls to meet and lots of fun to have...
One day you'll get interested in another girl or hopefully real woman
and you'll notice that she much better in every way..
Eventhough that feels highly unlikely at the moment it will...

Just hang in there and let time heal the wound and the fate guide you...

94 daily driven:
Man you really know how to be sensetive sometimes, don't you?:p

·
Registered
425 Posts
Damm dude that sucks (Thyg0d), how old is she?

·
Registered
789 Posts
She cheated or found someone she want's to do but is nice enough to let you go first.

Sad but true. I'm sorry this happened but it is NOT worth the effort. Never worth the effort. Been there, learned from it. 10 months is not a long time, 6 years is, sorry Thyg0d.

I've had a raccoon problem in my attic for more than 10 months, you'll get over it. Hang out with real friends, hit the gym, read a book, go hunting, do something fun.

Thyg0d, that sucks. If I were you I'd keep the appartment. If you were paying for it, even if just most of it, you can get a disproportionate amout from the sale.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I agree there is a reason that she left she just ain't tellin.

Go to the club and :rofl: then go home and :crazy: so you will feel :zbounce:

I don't know it could help

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
She's just 23 so that where the difference kicks in..
Our life pace isn't in sync or something like that...
yeah it sucks but that's life..
Nothing I can do about it..

Doesn't matter if it's 10 months or 6 yrs.. .
The hurt is the same and you still have a lot of memories...
Come to think of it, after 10 months you still have a crush on her and
that probably makes the hurt more intense..
And I think the age matters a bit too..
I know what to expect and how to "rebounce"..
What to do and what not to.. Drink for example.. :D

I'm keeping the apartment.. That's why I owe her
19500 bucks..
Since I've paid more for everything ever month
and lay down the majority of the payment for the apartment
I could've paid her a lot less but then she wouldn't afford an
apartment and would have to stay at some friends apartment
or with her parents with a 2 hours traveling distance to work every day...
Better to get a clean and nice break than fighting over who
get's the forks and so on..

Anyway.. This thread isn't about me and my break up..
It's about Johnnyx's search for support and perhaps some advice...

And I hope you feel some support from your family at TCCOA...
And I can only agree with every one else here..
Do whatever makes you feel better and the hurt will go away
eventually... And you'll defenitaly (sp?) find another one worth
your love...

Oh, and whatever you decide to do when it comes to maybe
try to win this girl back.. Think first... Act A LOT later..
'cause I don't think she's even worth your slightest effort!

//Per

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thyg0d said:
She's just 23 so that where the difference kicks in..
. . .
That's it then. I have always been serious about "settling down" which is why I never have and never will date someone under 25. So far it has worked OK. Every break up I've had so far was due only to the fact that we didn't get along. Never any cheating or any sudden/ unreasonable causes so far.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well it seems to be over. Went over and talked to her one last time. I had some book I wanted to return to her. I gave her the song as well, because I was planning to do that for her for either her B-Day or our 1 year anniversary. I don't care what she thinks.

On my way back home I went to Home Depot and asked this one girl out. She said she might call me, who knows. I'm hoping cause she's a lot hotter then my now ex-GF. :D Even if she doesn't, it at least keep my mind off my ex. Otherwise I'd go crazy...

Funny this is, I would have never ever done that before. But today I was like what the hell and did it. Hope I made a good first impression, haha.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea just get over your ex and try to bang one of her friends

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
94t-birdlx said:
Beer, the cause and solution to all life's problems!
Ah, a quote I can expect from a fellow Rhode Islander! :thumbsup:

94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
"If you love something then set it free and if it comes back to you its yours, if it doesn’t.... hunt it down and kill it"
Word. :cool:

Get over her dude, it ain't worth it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
move on... Or better yet, any money you would spend on her, like going to the movies, or dinner, gifts, etc... specifically spend it on your car! :thumbsup:
Hear, HEAR!! :zbeer:

1 - 20 of 137 Posts