TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i figured I'd see what you guys/gals have to say about this situation.

Okay, so I've kinda had this crush on this girl for awhile...maybe more then that... but anyways, tonight my friends were talkin to her, and the topic of me and her going out was brought up. Oh joy.. Heres what I've found out. She likes me, as a friend for now. She said that she might be interested IF I showed more interest in her, and she wants me to show her that I DO like her. Now, lets just say I'm about as romantic as a rock. I mean, I thought letting her drive my car, metting her and hanging out with her before school starts in the hallway, buying her gum/candy all the time, buying her Slurpees, and Taco Bell, just buying her stuff in general. (I know, pretty shallow, just buying stuff, but like i said. Like a rock)

Now heres the confusing part. Some of my other friends will joke around saying "wow, yall are going out" to which her reply is something like "Yeah right, we're just friends." But then sometimes she'll give me some signs, like she will laugh at some of my dumbest jokes, and we talk about some of the weirdest stuff, that only WE would talk about (Kinda hard to explain...)

So now my question is, what are some things I could do to show her that I really have feelings for her, and I mean, more then just a friend. :confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
lol dude, all i can suggest is cop a feel, if she doesnt go for it then she dont like u :))

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
One word:

FLOWERS. :idea:

Friends don't send each other roses. Go for it!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The flowers and stuff would be a good idea, but if you really want to show her you are interested, then TELL HER!!! I've learned that some women just want to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Sure, it may set you up for a rejection, but at least you'll know if she's truly interested or not. I'm not trying to screw up your friendship, but if she has to guess if you have feelings for her, then she will probably just pass you by and you will be stuck in the "friend zone" forever. Be direct, honest, and show that you care. I'd be willing to bet you can get her to go out with you at least once that way. Make sure you treat her well, and get to know her if you don't already. Even if you two don't share the same interests, humor her. I hate shopping, but my wife thinks the world of me when I go just because I'm there and put forth the effort to be involved. Same goes for cars- she wants to just hop in and turn the key and go, but she is willing to help me in the garage when needed.

Just my .02

Jay

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Just buying stuff for her only makes you look like a friend. Ask her to go out, but tell her a day and time and where your going. Be upfront about wanting to do something with her not like your asking a buddy if they just wanna hang out. Try and think of something different, but if your stuck a movie works.

·
Registered
51 Posts
take a lesson from the ladies man, leon felpz

1. introduce yourself
" may i buy you a fish sandwich"

2. lean over and whisper a sweet nothing in her ear
" Man i would like to take a bit outta your butt"

3. Close the deal with a " preview of the good"

it always works.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Let me start off by saying this, I am nothing even close to a ladies man, but here is what I do know.

Buying things for a girl, will not impress her. You CANNOT win a girls heart with your wallet, and if you do, she's not the girl you want to win.

Talk to her, hang out with her as a friend and get to know her. But don't center your life around her, make it clear that you have lots of friends. If you have other friends that are girls use that to your advantage, nothing makes a guy look better to women than if they have other women hanging all over them....some type of competitive gene or something.

The most important thing, be a man....don't be afraid to make decisions. Something that can kill you is a conversation like this.

You: Where do you wanna eat?
Her: I dunno where do you wanna eat?
You: I, umm....dont know, you pick.
Her: I don't know either, what are you in the mood for?
You: Chin....Japa.....Mexi.....ummmmm......McD's?

Just pull into a Hooters and be done with it.

'Tis all I know.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Its not the romance thing that you need to have. If you have confidence or at least act like it, women respond to it. Hell you dont even have to be a "ladies man" or close to it.

The big thing is not to act needy, like if she says no its gonna kill you. When you ask her to go out, have an idea of what you two are gonna do, dont just wuss out and ask her what she wants to do. Since you already know her you should have an idea of what she likes to do, so work with that.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Teal94BirdV8 said:
buying her gum/candy all the time, buying her Slurpees, and Taco Bell
sounds like you're trying to fatten her up! j/k. but seriously. tell her how you feel. My friend brought his new g/f over to my house earlier this year and her and i hit it off better than her and her b/f. they broke up and i worked up the nerve to tell her i had feeling for her. then one night she called and said she needed to have a talk with me. she came over and brought me a letter that she had wrote me expressing her feelings for me and how she had liked me since her and my friend started dating. i know it makes me sound like and *** but not long after we became an "item" and we are really happy, even though my friend hates me now lol. So i guess the moral is, tell her, shes waiting for you to open up so she can open up to you. She probably has feelings, but is afraid to share them because she thinks that you dont feel the same way, so if u tell her u like her, i think itll start somthing big for ya. Just stop fattening her up! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Audiobahnbird said:
sounds like you're trying to fatten her up! j/k. but seriously. tell her how you feel. My friend brought his new g/f over to my house earlier this year and her and i hit it off better than her and her b/f. they broke up and i worked up the nerve to tell her i had feeling for her. then one night she called and said she needed to have a talk with me. she came over and brought me a letter that she had wrote me expressing her feelings for me and how she had liked me since her and my friend started dating. i know it makes me sound like and *** but not long after we became an "item" and we are really happy, even though my friend hates me now lol. So i guess the moral is, tell her, shes waiting for you to open up so she can open up to you. She probably has feelings, but is afraid to share them because she thinks that you dont feel the same way, so if u tell her u like her, i think itll start somthing big for ya. Just stop fattening her up! :tongue:
If you didn't go to your friend and talk to him first then you deserve to have the **** kicked out of you. I'm dealing with the same crap right now. Your not supposed to go behind your friends back like that. It takes all the willpower I have not to stick a screwdriver in this kids throat right now. :redmad:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
or then you got parents like my girlfriends. that dont want her in a relationship. i swear 2 years one month dating and now they pull out some sh*t like " well i think you should break up with him cuz your not really in love. and we just want you to be happy. then maybe after college you can look for a new boyfriend. but we dont want you focused on one person and you should maybe see other people."

they think they can just tell her to turn her feelings off towards me. and they think that she dont like me just cuz they say so. so they told her that if she dont break up with me that she will be kicked out of the house. even after she's 18 they said they would still do it. and the biggest thing is they have no reason to do it. she asks them why dont they like me and they just dont answer. but her mom has a bad marrige with her father so she doesnt want her daughter to screw up her life like her mom did. so she thinks its her job to run her life :rolleyes: .

but ive done nothing but love her and care for her better than her own family and she would rather not see her own family cuz they treat her like sh*t and they dont like the fact the she dont like them but its their fault that she dont. so they make her break up with me so they think it will be better. but she just fakes it we are still together and thats how its staying forever. and her parents can just kiss my a$$ if they think its just over like that.

ok thats the end of that :rant:

all im sayin is make sure her parents arent douches if so your in for alot of hell. but shes worth it all to me so i guess i just gotta wait till we can really be together

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
94t-birdlx said:
If you didn't go to your friend and talk to him first then you deserve to have the **** kicked out of you. I'm dealing with the same crap right now. Your not supposed to go behind your friends back like that. It takes all the willpower I have not to stick a screwdriver in this kids throat right now. :redmad:
see thats just it, i did talk to him first and he told me that he was cool with it and he wouldnt let it come between us, but now hes telling me hes going to "kick down my door and beat my ***" lol. and there was no going behind his back, he broke up with her, she was single, so was i, now were not. I didnt try anything when he was with her, i wouldnt cross that line. anyway, im happy, shes happy, we just went to thanksgiving at my parents house and that was frickin awesome, ive never seen my parents so happy. I have no regrets, if my friend cant handle it, then hes not the kind of friend i need.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Audiobahnbird said:
see thats just it, i did talk to him first and he told me that he was cool with it and he wouldnt let it come between us, but now hes telling me hes going to "kick down my door and beat my ***" lol. and there was no going behind his back, he broke up with her, she was single, so was i, now were not. I didnt try anything when he was with her, i wouldnt cross that line. anyway, im happy, shes happy, we just went to thanksgiving at my parents house and that was frickin awesome, ive never seen my parents so happy. I have no regrets, if my friend cant handle it, then hes not the kind of friend i need.
You're right guy, if you went to him and he said it was cool than it's his problem for not speaking up in the first place. I didn't mean to jump all over you earlier I was just in a bad mood, things are still fresh.

Ricerbird, you're only 17 man, give it at least a couple years before you let anything get to serious. Hell, I bet you half the people here think I'm too young to know what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ricerbird said:
all im sayin is make sure her parents arent douches if so your in for alot of hell. but shes worth it all to me so i guess i just gotta wait till we can really be together
heh, thats another problem. Her parents are really strict. Shes not allowed to ride in anyones car (DOH!), and besides that, her father is a real dousche anyways.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I hate girls.

One just left me for some reason I'll never know. Dang seinors in HS. Now as I begin to date someone else she will not keep her nose outta my business!

Keeps tellin me im an acehole and I was such a jerk when we went out...

That is why.. I hate girls.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Teal94BirdV8 said:
heh, thats another problem. Her parents are really strict. Shes not allowed to ride in anyones car (DOH!), and besides that, her father is a real dousche anyways.
dude her dad is just like that. shes 17 and HE wont let her watch a pg13 movie. she cant leave her house alone she has to have one of her sisters with her. so ya hes strict to a stupid level. and she cant ride in my car. (probably a good thing cuz he thinks he's kept her sooo innocent. ha ha ha wow is he wrong. :D )

basicly our relationship reminds me of that song animals by nickleback. so boy does her dad have a thing or two to learn bout how innocent she really is ;)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Dont worry so much about the parents. Hell in HS my gfs family was all high class, and when I pulled up in my pickup in a t-shirt and jeans they didnt like me from the start. The whole family looked down on a "hill-billy" like me. Well her mom backed off when she realized I could fix things around her house lol.

Dont worry about what her family thinks, just push that **** outta your mind.

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
600 Posts
Well, just my 2 cents here. Like it was mentioned before, confidence! I don't know you personally and this is not a bash or anything, but be a man. Women mature faster than men, so it's time to catch up.
First, ask her out. Be confident and cool, and just say "Would you like to go out Friday/Saturday night? I was thinking dinner and a movie"
If you have to, talk to her dad. Not all dads are A-holes, they can just seem that way. Tell him what your plans are and you will have her home by whatever time.

Now, pick her up for the big night. Dress nice, but not suit and tie. Be alone, no friends along at all!! Compliment her on how she looks. Bring flowers. Find a good place to eat, whatever your budget will allow. Have a nice dinner and carry on a normal conversation. After dinner, if you have time before the movie, go for a walk. If you have a nice downtown or boardwalk or anywhere else that is not extremely active. Do not go to the mall. Avoid video games, cars, anything guy related. Look at the beach, mountains, trees, whatever you have for scenery.
Now head to the movie. You don't have to hold her hand at the movie, they sometimes get annoyed at that. Share some popcorn, sit close and enjoy the film. When you leave, if you have time, go get a coffee or ice cream or something nice and low key. Then head to her house a little before curfew. Do not try to make out in the car, paranoid dad+parked car= bad news. Walk her to the door, tell her you had a great time, you would like to do it again. Have plans for a second date already, maybe there is an event you two could go to, fair, football game, something. Lean in, kiss her, and tell her you will give her a call.
BOOM!!! She's yours.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, unfortunately, my friends were "joking." Heres the entire story in a nutshell...

I was talking to another female friend of mine (who happens to be best friends with the one I was trying to get with) and I asked her some questions. Then she asked me "why, are you gonna ask her out, or something?" I played it off, and said "I dont think so." to which she replyed "Ok, good." This answer got me confused, huh? After explaining to her what my friends said, she then told the girl I was trying to get with, then she told me the truth. My friends are lying SOB's, and that she CANT see me as anything more then a friend. Oh well, atleast I can move on now.. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts