TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys...

I just got done doing a lot of my work to my baby and i need a quarter mile estimate. theres not a track close by. not that i have time to go anyways.
So here are my current mods...

3.73 gears with speedo non traction lock
Precision industries stallion 3000 rpm stall 9inch converter
75 mm throttle body port matched to intake plenum

thats it for now or till i get paid next week. im currnently working on putting five point racing harnesses in right now. drop me a line if your interested. they should go in on saturday:confused: later

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
this all depends on what year your car is. that TC with a 3.73 open rear end isnt going to do a whole lot for you on the line. thats two things working against you, instead of working for you, IMHO. 96/97 around 15.5, 94/95 around 15.8.

you need to a traction lock into that differential and grab some drag radials, then if its a 96/97 you can flirt with 14's :D

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Do you have a chip or anything else? Just those will probably take off .3-.5 of a second. Thats like mid 15s. With a chip (80mmMAF, colder plugs, etc) you are at low 15s maybe 14s. Some here have reaced 14s without much more then what was stated but thats not every car. Some other things like; pulleys exhaust and stuff and you are probably looking at reaching 14s. I think thats all about right.
-Shawn

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
that sucks

dang i was hoping for more. Its a 95 by the way. Well i guess my next paycheck is going to a maf and dennis chip. Maybe ill even drive there and get it dyno tuned.:D is that what you guys would reccomend doing next? I want to hit low 13`s with a 75 shot nitrous. [not nos] What do i need to do to get there. oh yeah i have good street tires on so i dont think im going to get slicks. i probably wont see the light of a track anytime soon. j-rob are you saying im working against myself bacause of traction issues off the line? I have kuhmo something or another in the back9 inches wide. You dont think i will be able to get traction with those if i launch at 3000 rpm? but what do i know? thanks in advance

peace out yo [or whatever those idiots say]

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
PI heads or 99+ GT engine and you will hit low 13s with other mods. I know someone with a 97 4.6 (a little faster to begine with then our 95s 4.6) and he had a higher stall TC and a 100 shot of nitrous and a chip from dennis and was seeing 13.8. With some gears I think he would have only seen about 13.6 if that much.

I have a 95 4.6 and got 15.5 with my mods listed in my sig below. You should go to the track to get some times. Then you will be able to tell how much it drops.

I think you will want to save up for the 99+ GT engine and get that in there. That along with the TC, Gears, Chip/tunning, etc and you will probably see 13s with nitrous.

-Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts