TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove all the glass from my totalled 94. What the easiest way on doing that? I have all the moldings removed around the windshield but thats it so far.

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
He's only half joking...

thunderchikken said:
ball peen hammer
That's the easy way... to get it out in one piece, you have to cut the RTV they glued it in with. (there's a black bead all the way around the inside of the glass)

Use a small screwdriver to push a piece of (thin) stainless wire/cable thru from inside to outside, and use it to cut (use it like a saw) the RTV. Yes, its a mother%^%^&&^&^** piece of $%^ing %^ to do. Seems like its easier to start at the bottom...I could be wrong.

That works on the front and rear; the rest unbolts...but you have to remove all the interior moldings to get to the bolts, including the door panels for the door glass.

Good luck; If the windshield glass is pitted at all, I'd say forget it. I paid $200 for windshield glass last year. If the defrost is good in the rear glass, its worth saving, but the rear takes two coordinated people to remove; it might be easier if you remove the rear side window glass first, so you can reach both ends of the wire.

It will probably take days to do this without breaking anything; just take your time, and remember glass does not bend. (lol)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
pay a glass shop to come out and remove it, thats the best way its like 50 for removal and dont be surprized if the glass doesnt make it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts