TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so its time for me to get new glasses. Ive been thinking about getting contacts though. I hate not being able to wear different style of sunglasses and my glasses fogging up. Ive been hearing all sorts of horror stories about contacts, them getting stuck in your eye, falling out, ect. I wanna hear your opinions, the contact wearers, on you're experiences with contacts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
One of the best things that I have ever done . Cant even tell that they are on my eyes , But to each his own, Some people have a lott of trouble with them .

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
They're ok, no problems, just don't sleep in them cause you'll wake up with junk in your eye. Take care of them and they'll take care of you.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I hate glasses. The only thing with me and contacts is that I cant wear them everyday or more than 10-12 hours straight. They turn my eyes red and bloodshot after too long and I have to listen to every other person I see tell me my eyes are red and ask me what I'm smoking. Could be the brand/type of contacts or solution though. I'll have to ask the doc when I go back in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
contacts are good, i was always scared of "messing" with my eyes.....it becomes 2nd nature .....really wanting the lasik though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i had glasses for years got contacts after HS and i love them. I HATED touching my eyes and had a really really hard time touching my eyes at first but the people at the eye place were really good at teaching me and now ive had them for almost 4 years. I have the contacts that you can keep in for 30 days straight w/o taking them out. They are easier because you dont have to take them out every day, you can sleep in them no prob.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Contacts have been good to me. They aren't perfect, but like Josh said, take care of them...

If you have dry eyes, contacts can be a bother toward the end of the day. Don't sleep in them.

Also, it takes a few weeks to get your blink response trained to allow you to put them in quickly. At first, it can be frustrating, making you think you made a mistake. Keep working at it. In the morning when you put them in, make sure you are undistracted and have several minutes just to work on putting them in. Don't rush.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I've had contacts since I was like 12 years old. I'm pretty happy with mine. Like everyone else said, just take care of your eyes/contacts and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I swore that I'd never wear contacts due to hearing the horrible stories...ended up switching to them around 2002 and haven't had a second thought about it. I've been wearing corrective lenses since 1993/1994. Now I'm thinking about getting a pair of glasses to wear for whenever I just don't feel like wearing contacts, no other reason. It did get a lot of getting used to poking my eye with my finger but after a couple weeks or less I got used to it. Whether or not you can sleep with your contacts depends on what brand you wear. I consistently sleep with mine in (longer than I should really) and have no problem except for when I leave them in too long and wake up with extremely light sensitive/dry eyes.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I hate glasses. The only thing with me and contacts is that I cant wear them everyday or more than 10-12 hours straight. They turn my eyes red and bloodshot after too long and I have to listen to every other person I see tell me my eyes are red and ask me what I'm smoking. Could be the brand/type of contacts or solution though. I'll have to ask the doc when I go back in the next few weeks.
careful, you might get the jump-outs called on you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts