TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was gonna do the cheapest exhaust this summer for my bird. i was planning on taking out 3rd cat and resonator and muffs. put a midmount glasspack and extend the tips out back. or maybe 2 front cats and stright pipe.

that would i sound best with b/w those setups? i want the deepest and loudest

thanks guys

·
Registered
850 Posts
cut the third cat off, replace it with some kind of Y pipe and then put a single Dynomax Bullit right after that, then hook that up to the rest of the stock exhaust and cut the rear mufflers off.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that better than goin with a 24" glasspack?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
magnaflow race packs... $60 or so a peice with free shipping....

Awesome sounding mufflers!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so ur saying use 2 front cats and one dynomax bullet?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes its my other car a 94 4.6L i wanted the chapest but loudest and deepest i can gewt for the cheapest set up. just for now till i can go true duals

·
Registered
4 Posts
I take it MA has smog limitations unlike MS... well, my friend's got a '96 v6 mustang, we just finished up a dual side exhaust with H-pipe and glass packs. We started by removing the factory exhaust, all the way up to the Y pipe, unbolted bolted the collectors, removed them from the oem pipes, and had Midas build us an "off road" set, that was pretty simple.. we used the factory collector, manifolds, and just added bent extensions joined in H pipe formations, we used thrush glass packs with turn down tips that end just past the door seal, pretty simple, wish I had a pic to show you, but I think you get the idea.. oh and it sounds effin' badass that that's what you're curious about. Also helped the acceleration tremendously

1 - 15 of 15 Posts