TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my glove box because the lock broke off from the panel it was attached to, leaving my light on all the time and the box open a bit.

According to the local dealership i can get away with replacing just the three outer panels on the door itself, because that's where the lock broke off from.

They want $180 for those three outer panels that they say i'll need. Do i really need all 3, or can i get away with the innermost one? If i go to a junkyard, could i use an intact 94 and up box, or just 96-97? They look the same to me, but I'm not totally sure.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Zephyr said:
I need to replace my glove box because the lock broke off from the panel it was attached to, leaving my light on all the time and the box open a bit.

According to the local dealership i can get away with replacing just the three outer panels on the door itself, because that's where the lock broke off from.

They want $180 for those three outer panels that they say i'll need. Do i really need all 3, or can i get away with the innermost one? If i go to a junkyard, could i use an intact 94 and up box, or just 96-97? They look the same to me, but I'm not totally sure.
Same thing is wrong with mine, I shoved a pen in there to keep the latch secured to the outer door.

The outer door is what you need, it's what the latch screws into.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Glove Box...

ShadowDragon said:

The outer door is what you need, it's what the latch screws into.
can i use the parts from a 94 and up though? or just 96-97?

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Glove Box...

Zephyr said:

can i use the parts from a 94 and up though? or just 96-97?
I know they removed the lock in the 97 model, not sure about the 96. Do you have a picture of what yours looks like closed?

I would think they just didn't put a lock on the latch and used the same trim though.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
94-97...

They are all the same.I have a 95 that I painted Black and it looks the same as my 96.I never noticed about the lock thing on the 97 though.I know my key wont fit in the one I have from the salvage yard but it will work on my 96 though.So I guess I will be changing my lock on the one I painted.
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts