TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plastic epoxy........
Found some stuff at Auto Zone that I will try to glue up my overflow bottle with. The package actually shows an overflow bottle on the label so I'll see if this is going to work. It does say on the package not recommended for polyetholine type plastics but I sanded and cleaned the area to be glued real well so it should work. As long as it will with stand heat and antifreeze it should work. I looked it up in the internet and it didn't say anything about that just not to use for patching fuel tanks.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If it were me I would replace it...... but as a TEMPORARY fix I would have used Permatex Plastic Welder. I've used that on plastic body parts without issues.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were me I would replace it...... but as a TEMPORARY fix I would have used Permatex Plastic Welder. I've used that on plastic body parts without issues.
I want to replace it but that part is not made anymore and I cannot find one anywhere. I have contacted several salvage yards that handle older vehicles with no luck. I have also contacted several Mercury/Ford dealers and they cannot find one. I have done a lot of searching on the internet too wit only finding a few that may not be any better than the one I have. I found one on ebay and they did not garrantee it to be good. If you know of any place that may have one please let me know!!!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
is this for your 84? I could find one tomorrow no joke. I saw about 15 old fox cats and birds last week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is this for your 84? I could find one tomorrow no joke. I saw about 15 old fox cats and birds last week.
Yes sir!!
This is a 1984 Mercury Cougar LS 3.8 V-6. The overflow bottle is the square one that attaches to the left inner fender right behind the core support. If you could send me the info on where I might find one that would be great!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far my glue up is looking good. This stuff is called H2 Hold and is one of those double syringe things that you squeeze out and mix. The glue has hardened very well and is not tacky anymore. I will let it cure another day or two and put it back in the car. I think it will hold as long as it will withstand heat and antifireeze.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts