TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:zwall:
Looking for an basic tune for a 2004 kon, 5.3L. Anyone has some good hints for me.?
Car came with an Diablo programmer. From some searching, BB (Black Bear) should be the place to get an tune from. Looks way expensive and it seems like that thay wont do anything, unless someone buys there tuning stuff.
Thanks Folks.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
EFI live or black bear are pretty much your options. A competent EFI live tuner could set you up for about $150-200 for a tune that may make 10hp over stock but completely change the manners of the vehicle since it's drive by wire. Basic changes include getting rid of torque management and equalizing demanded tps vs actual tps and also can match and change the speedometer and tire sizes, even change Tow/Haul into the equivalent of a Jmod... pretty cool stuff. I need to contact black bear myself amd see what they can do for my 96 k2500 7.4 since they are one of the only companies that work with that vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah ' I read good things about BB, is just a lot of $, even for a simple base tune.
Thanks for your input Chris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts