TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got hit today... PICS of damage

I was sitting in a parking lot and someone in the Suburban backed into me.

http://topgun.intechnetwork.com/arg/*******.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awww crap! I feel for you, I had almost identical damage done to my car when I wrecked it.....Shouldn't be too hard to fix though. $50 for a side marker, and a new hood... Good luck.

BTW, was the suburban driven by a soccer mom??? Just curious.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe you can't see in the picture, but the fender is crunched, the bumper and headlight are out of place, and it will all need repainted. I'm guessing about $2000 in damage, but I will go ahead and get an entire paint job.

The Suburban was driven by a guy about my age, about 23-25 years old. He got cited for "improper backing."

·
Registered
285 Posts
Try and get at least a 96'-97' hood and lights.

maybe easier to get than 94'-95' parts.

IMO they look good on the 94'-95' models.

Fuel man~~~

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Lyzard said:
i plowed into a snow bank
with my 95LX last night.

looks pretty similar to yours damage wise:

who put that cement curb inside that snowbank!!?!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO!

Hey Lyzard, I remember talking to you a while back. You said that the bird was in a accident and wasnt sure if it was totaled or not. Was that you? If so, well looks like a 40th to me there. If you aren't already you can check out my site (in the signature below) and email me info you want to be on the registry. I am trying to get as many as I can on there so please let me know if I could put you on there.
Thanks and best of luck fixin the car up.

-Shawn

·
Registered
133 Posts
JESUS is everyone hexed wrecks and probs every where (forms fingers into a cross) back foul curse.

Good luck to both you guys on the fixes I feel ya.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
$2000? no way.

My accident only came to $1700. (happened in September)

I see about $900 in parts, $400 in labor
New fender
New Hood
New headlamp mount
repaint/blending of entire front clip and the passenger door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The hood is creased badly, it will be replaced. I don't know if the fender can be repaired yet or not. The bumper is scratched but not cracked and hopefully can just be repainted.

There are slight amounts of rust under my doors and rocker panels which I will also have fixed....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks like a good excuse for fiberglass hood and new marker/headlights.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Justin Lowry said:
The hood is creased badly, it will be replaced. I don't know if the fender can be repaired yet or not. The bumper is scratched but not cracked and hopefully can just be repainted.

There are slight amounts of rust under my doors and rocker panels which I will also have fixed....

Sorry to hear bout the wreck. I would have cried like a baby if it were me.:xpcry: :xpcry: :xpcry:

GT

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got an estimate today - $2465.81. I was darn close when I said $2500.

Now I gotta wait for Progressive to come out and give me THEIR estimate (after I break out the Vaseline so it doesn't hurt so much).

tre45 said:

Sorry to hear bout the wreck. I would have cried like a baby if it were me.:xpcry: :xpcry: :xpcry:
GT

I didn't cry until later on last night. :(

·
Registered
668 Posts
Justin Lowry said:
I didn't cry until later on last night. :(

Man I am so sorry. I wish the best of luck to you. And hope you get it all fixed and able to get the conversion and new hood. It would make the whole thing maybe worth while.

Biggest Regards
GT

·
Registered
529 Posts
man that sux but at that price if you was in cali i could get you whole new paint job and maybe some extras.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had two accidents with my 96 lx. First was a dent in the driver side rear quarter panel. It was mainly only the quarter panel and some scuff marks underneight the door handle. To replace the quarterpanel, paint, and labor, costed 3,000. Second accident, ran off the road into a tree, the whole front of the car was smooshed, bad. Damaged, 7,000-totalled. that included new radiator, hood, whole front end, realignment, and other such things from having everything infront of the engine block smooshed in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts