TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been moping around some ideas for the last few days. Since I "rented" a 5 speed SC for a week (in the summer) I've been hating and hating my NA 92 3.8 more and more! The crappy AOD is pissing me off (bad OD shifts and some downshifts) and the whole car is just losing its apeall to me. I need an SC dammit!!!! well I should be getting my taxes back soon... a few K to play with and there is this 89 5speed SC Safty/e-tested for sale about 3 hours from me... I want it... but I don't. The problem is this. I buy the SC and then my AOD kicks the can and I lose the DD (daily driver) there is no way an 89 SC is gonna be my DD... not with my budget... my other option is selling my 92 and hopfully upgrading to a 93 5 speed with low K's (like one of these is just gonna fall into my lap) I loose the 92 (better than having 2 cars I guess) but then if it gives me trouble it is my only car and I'll be pissed... as much as I hate my 3.8 I have had it for 2 years and the absolute only thing I have had to do to it was get new struts (300 installed and all) and the car it still in really good shape and running great (other than the OD shifting)

soo.... what do I do...

1)keep 92 and buy an affordable 89 SC for the side.... or,
2)sell the 92 and use combined money to buy good 93 SC?

Its been killing me for the past week...

Jake

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
simple...

the 89 is gonna have its fair share of problems for the price I'm sure needs allot of work... It will be fun to work on now and then but I don't think I would want it to be my only car. I guess I should just buy the 89, keep mine and just plain have fun with the SC on weekends and stuff... yeah...

·
8,239 Posts
Early sc's are not new cars anymore, and can be expensive to maintain. I'm not saying they are not good cars, they are a blast to drive and own. Any early sc without proper maintenance is a timebomb.

The only sc I would buy would be a 95 with low miles, possibly a 94 stick if it had low miles.

A good upgrade from your current car would be an early 5.0 sport tbird, or a 94-95 4.6 tbird. Both are very reliable cars.

For some reason mn12 tbirds and cougars hold little value in the market, you can get a very low mileage 97 sport for around 6k dollars, and the 94-95 v8 coupes are dirt cheap. When i bought my 95 it had 40k miles on it, was from florida, and I paid 5k for the car. This was a couple years back also.

Justin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts