TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
even the plugs and stuff i tag labeled, i cant find... for those of you who dont know i was replacing the head gaskets, so right now im at the wiring harness got the fuel rail bolted in, btw THOMAS i figured out the injector harness part, anyway im gonna get pictures up of all the plugs/ male-female, hoses and such, and hope you guys can help me, as for now...as dumb as this sounds...

i cant figure out how the ac goes back on, the whole system pully and all it has 4 bolt holes that run left to right but i need something to run front to back, i have one stud comming out the side of the head and 3 holes...does anyone have any pictures of their ac system, i just for the life of me cant figure it out..lol

thanks and ill try to get pictures posted soon of the other stuff

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the accessory bracket bolts to the block and head, and the ac compressor bolts onto the accessory bracket.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thats your heeater hoses, IIRC. They bolt onto the exhaust manifold studs once thats been bolted down.

And the AC bracket goes on the passenger side. Just try to put it on there, it will all make sense.

·
8,978 Posts
you need to install the accessory bracket before you put the AC compressor on. The bracket should have an idler pulley on it as well.

And brockenmachines is right, that bracket bolts onto the exhaust manifold stud. Then that hose goes to the connecting at the front of the lower manifold that you have hilighted.

-Thomas

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the AC bracket goes on the passenger side. Just try to put it on there, it will all make sense.
lol i appreciate your guys help, i knew that it went on the passenger side, my problem was i didnt know/couldnt find the bracket, so im trying to ram the ac onto the stud comming outta the head, shorty after that i realized that wasnt the way..lol

its all mounted up, as i said in my "pushrod" thread ill have some pictures up..and ill post them in this thread!

thanks again guys

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And brockenmachines is right, that bracket bolts onto the exhaust manifold stud. Then that hose goes to the connecting at the front of the lower manifold that you have hilighted.

dammit i already bolted those and everything...looks like im gonna cut that thing off and zip tie it outta the way...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first off im gonna post these pictures, i really dont know an organized way to do this, so ill just number the picture, if you see somehting in "picture 4" that connects to whatever "picture 3" just tell me like that i guess

·
8,978 Posts
rolledthatho said:
dammit i already bolted those and everything...looks like im gonna cut that thing off and zip tie it outta the way...

It attaches to the stud. There's a bolt with two threaded sides to it, one goes into the head to hold on the manifold, then the bracket slides over the other threaded side and a nut screws on over it to hold it on.
-Thomas

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok here goes, sorry in advance for the cluster of confusion, any help to get me thru this is and will be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It attaches to the stud. There's a bolt with two threaded sides to it, one goes into the head to hold on the manifold, then the bracket slides over the other threaded side and a nut screws on over it to hold it on.

i know exactly what your talking about....YOUR AWESOME

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
#1 The vacuum hose from the EVR solenoid goes here. The EVR is on the back passenger side of the engine comparment on the thunderbird 3.8 IIRC. Its a black thing with two wires and two vacuum hoses going into it and is round on the top.

#2 That's the egr pressure sensor. This will be one of the last things you need to hook up. The hose goes onto the egr pipe. The wire plug is very obvious.

#3 That's your PVC pipe. You should worry about that when you are installing the upper intake. It plugs into the bottom side of the upper intake on the drivers side and runs to the PCV valve on the back of the passenger valve cover. Looks like it might also be the hose for #9, but I'm thinking no. I haven't done heads on a 3.8 in forever but have done MANY.

#4 Don't know. My cougar had that and it was never plugged in. Plus look at it. It's covered in dirt. It hasn't been plugged into anything

#6 The hoses hook into metal pipes that run places I cant remember. Look at it once you get everything else out of the way and it will make total sense.

#9 This has a hose/line that runs back to the intake tube which is the last thing you put back on the car.

I hope your EGR pipe isnt cracked. I broke one the first time I ever did heads on a 3.8 by bending it back.

Hope this helps some more!
-Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
#3 That's your PVC pipe. You should worry about that when you are installing the upper intake. It plugs into the bottom side of the upper intake on the drivers side and runs to the PCV valve on the back of the passenger valve cover. Looks like it might also be the hose for #9, but I'm thinking no. I haven't done heads on a 3.8 in forever but have done MANY.

im not too sure about this one, ill definatly look, but i dont see anyway possible it goes under the upper intake, its metal line that WONT MOVE more than 2 inches up and down and 1/2 inch side to side, looks like some sort of power steering line...and its like up at the accessory belt...

and yes this does get me THAT much closer to being done, it definatly helps...!

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
man, your in a bind, hehe. that will teach you label things as you tear down the engine :)

a green wire plugs into the top of the egr valve.

in #3, i dont think that is a pcv line. the pcv is located near the firewall. try to see where both ends go, then tell us where both ends lead to.

in your second pic near the top, the other end of the rubber hose plugs into the water pump. there are two openings on the top of the pump, a curved hose goes into the left opening, and that other hose goes into the right opening.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
whew, man, those pics bring back memories, lol, not good ones at that, either, good luck, later'z.....:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahahahah guys im pretty glad to say im almost done, the only thing i cant figure out is that one plug i showed behind the alternator pic 4 and 5, surely like rob said, it dosent go into anything...

the only other thing i havent got hook up is.... the little breather nipple thing on the oil filler neck (dont know what goes there...) and that metal routed piping, however i found the other end of it...it runs over and down under/behind the AC and along the passenger side quarter panel to the front most (right behind pass headlight..) of the airbox, its hooked into the airbox, but where does the other end go

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The plug in 4/5 is could probable be the connector for the other type of ECT sensor (there are two or three as I found out in my replacement, a one wire and a 2 wire one).
That metal tube probably plugs in to a canister/evaperator.
The only neck is one from a 5.0 so it does plug into the PVC hose, or the line that runs from the main intake tube to the far valve cover.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts

i highlighted the routing of that tube. it runs from the connection on the oil filler neck to the side if the intake tube. the tube has a 90 degree rubber elbow, and the middle part is either plastic or metal.

im pretty sure that connector in #4 and 5 doesnt go anywhere.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts