TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 94 cougar xr7 3.8 that has a couple of problems that are driving me crazy. The fuse for the battery charging gauge and center console indicator lights keeps tripping. It had a 5 amp fuse in the fuse slot, is this right, what is the stock fuse?? What could be causing this and how do i fix it? Also, my climate controls are screwed up. When i turn the defroster/floor/vent knob to any position and temp, warm air keeps blowing thru the
defrost vents only. Any one know what I should be looking to solve this?

Thanks, i am going crazy trying to figure these out. Somebody.....PLEASE help!!!!:)

·
5,650 Posts
clemul said:
The fuse for the battery charging gauge and center console indicator lights keeps tripping. It had a 5 amp fuse in the fuse slot, is this right, what is the stock fuse?? What could be causing this and how do i fix it?
Yes, there is a 5A fuse (fuse #12) that controls the lights for the 2 components you mentioned. If the fuse is blowing, there is a short somewhere in the wiring. It might be hard to find, but you'll have to search or have someone search for you. If it is the #12 fuse that's blowing, the potential culprits could be the wiring to the cluster, to the A/C controls, the heated rear window switch, radio, clock, ash tray, or transmission indicator lights.

clemul said:
Also, my climate controls are screwed up. When i turn the defroster/floor/vent knob to any position and temp, warm air keeps blowing thru the defrost vents only.
The doors that control the flow of air are controlled by vacuum motors, so I would suspect one of three things as being the cause of the problem.

1) The vacuum supply line for the A/C controls is unplugged or there is some other line broken or unplugged in the engine compartment. If I'm not mistaken, there is a vacuum junction on the firewall by the passenger side valve cover where the feed line goes into the car to the A/C controls.
2) There is a vacuum line that is leaking or broken inside the car. You would hear a hissing sound inside if this was the case.
3) The switch to select the different modes is broken. (I think this would be highly unlikely though)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts