TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I post this here instead of Parts For Sale correct?

I'd like to gauge if there is any interest in buying parts from me here in Canada. I'm thinking of making a run to someone parting out a 94 LX (black exterior) and two 93 Mark VIII's (driveshaft is $200 he is asking). I'll be picking parts for myself but would like to know if anybody would need anything, I'll be trying to make a package deal and could throw things together. I won't be asking for much more than what I pay for the parts + shipping.

Just let me know.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I would love to have the mark viii drive shaft but its not worth any where near $200 bucks in IMHO. Last time I saw them for sale on here they were going for $85 bucks shipped. If you can talk him down on it I'll pay $100 to my door. just LMK

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can beat him down on the price I'll be taking it for myself though. (Sorry should've mentioned that...)

I'll see how it goes though.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
200 for a used driveshaft seems a bit high to me, consider get remotely close to dynotech quality you need to install a new yoke ($50) 2 new u-joints ($50+labor) and have it balanced ($75) Figuring $50 in labor to install the new u-joints plus the $200 you pay for it you are looking at investing $375 in the driveshaft and that is what the group purchase price on the dynotech shafts I just did was. Granted you willhave to pay to get it across the border but still.
Alan

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh sorry AGAIN I keep forgetting stuff. He already sold one he said so only one driveshaft is left. I'm going to mention the cost of a Dynotech shaft to him and see if he'll bring the price down.

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
If you're looking for parts, see if you can find a black center console lid for a gen1 Mark (93-96).

Other things I would be interested in would include the chrome trimpiece that runs over the passenger corner lamp.

POSSIBLY the headlights themselves. The reflective surfaces inside can't be burnt or have the coating cooked off (look in from the back with the bulb out, should be a chrome coating inside). I don't care how clear the lenses are, I would prefer all three mounting screws be intact... and not cost a fortune.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Black 94 LX and two 93 Mark VIII's... This guy in the Annapolis valley, Around the Wolfville area?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
200 for a used driveshaft seems a bit high to me, consider get remotely close to dynotech quality you need to install a new yoke ($50) 2 new u-joints ($50+labor) and have it balanced ($75) Figuring $50 in labor to install the new u-joints plus the $200 you pay for it you are looking at investing $375 in the driveshaft and that is what the group purchase price on the dynotech shafts I just did was. Granted you willhave to pay to get it across the border but still.
Alan
Good lord theres always more to it then you expect. :rolleyes: I guess I'm just going to just stick with your torque converter for right now..

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
A good driveshaft definately isn't cheap, these cars unfortunately need them very bad. I used to think mustangs got off easy because how cheap the frpp shafts are until i realized the frpp shafts are crap.
Alan

·
pendejo
430 Posts
I paid $150 for a driveshaft (possibly from the same person) That seems to be the going rate for any driveshaft in this area.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Black 94 LX and two 93 Mark VIII's... This guy in the Annapolis valley, Around the Wolfville area?
Yup, same place, seen his ad on Kijiji. Nova Scotia ain't that big after all.

$150 eh? Well that'd be close to the same price getting one on here with shipping to Canada. Guess it ain't too too bad. I'll try to hit him hard at $50 and see how low he's willing to go on the shaft.

Did the shaft you get from him is in good condition?

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I paid 85 bucks for one locally, dont pay more than 100 period tell him to take a hike if he scoffs at it. Dirtydog definitely has a good point about spending a little more and getting a fine quality part. the 93s are par for the course IMHO the stock is subpar.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
I took the gamble and didn't balance mine, It didn't give me any vibrations, (it had a little scoring, looked like it had been on a lathe... probably a big rock) I know that was a stupid thing to do and I'm not suggesting it, but it's hard to get a shaft balanced in Southwest Nova.

Personally I would have held off on buying a driveshaft and found one cheaper and in better condition in the USA but I had a failing universal joint and was kinda in a bind.

All you Americans don't understand we pay a high premium on parts, new or used. Thats why I buy most of my parts from N.H. and get free shipping via my wife.

But hell why not just buy one like GM has, Damn that thing must be worth near as much as my car... maybe more. I'm depressed now :D

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That's one fancy shaft GM has there! Really makes a Ford steel shaft look like a POS lol.

By the way I also have a decent 89-95 trunk lid I'll be selling I picked up a few months ago for the expensive price of $25. Passenger side brake reflector is mint, driver's side has 2 small cracks. I got it because it had a JSP spoiler on it but I decided I'll just sell that too, it's the one with the third brake light.

So when I do my part run I'll be posting some of these parts for sale too just as a heads up.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
All you Americans don't understand we pay a high premium on parts, new or used. Thats why I buy most of my parts from N.H. and get free shipping via my wife.
Quite the opposite. us dumb Americans know how much stuff costs that is why we prefer to do it right the first time rather than do it over and over until we do it right. I wouldn't put a junkyard drive shaft in without new u-joints. It could have been sitting in a water puddle for a year rusting out the inside of the u-joints.
Alan

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's one fancy shaft GM has there! Really makes a Ford steel shaft look like a POS lol.

By the way I also have a decent 89-95 trunk lid I'll be selling I picked up a few months ago for the expensive price of $25. Passenger side brake reflector is mint, driver's side has 2 small cracks. I got it because it had a JSP spoiler on it but I decided I'll just sell that too, it's the one with the third brake light.

So when I do my part run I'll be posting some of these parts for sale too just as a heads up.
89-95 weren't all the same trunk lid. 89-91 are different than 92-95 because the reflectors are different. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

- Mark

1 - 20 of 24 Posts