TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm goin Tandem skydiving saturday, anyone have any recomendations? Wear? Somethign I should do before I go? =P etc ect =)

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
And be sure to take along a clean pair of underwear... or two...

Oh yeah - have fun!!! Skydiving is something I want to do before I die :D

-Andy "Melon"

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, the girlfriend gets the car. She loves it. She even named it for me and always wants to drive it =) BTW, ever since the company started business (1965 or some year...) they have never had a fatality... =) www.skydive.com weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Tandem jumps are a no-brainer. If it's a professional place, they will put you in a jumpsuit, so just wear shorts and a t-shirt if that's the case. You won't have to think about anything, you'll be strapped to an instructor, and he'll basically do everything for you, you're just along for the ride, so have fun......AIRBORNE!!!!!!!!!

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
be sure to wear a diaper, you might need it, i know i would, lol,

me + heights = ewwwww.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Keep your mouth closed. My friend went and said two things were different than he expected. He said that the air is very dry and cold. If you open your mouth, it will dry out in seconds. He also said that its extremely loud. He said its loud enough that you can barely complete a sentence in your head.

Oh yeah, he also said that if feels like your falling forever, when in reality its only for 45 seconds or so.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
I've always wanted to pitch a headfirst drive and see how fast I could go...

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Melon said:
And be sure to take along a clean pair of underwear... or two...

Oh yeah - have fun!!! Skydiving is something I want to do before I die :D

-Andy "Melon"
Ok Andy, it official, next meet activity we go sky diving!

·
Registered
325 Posts
While I've never tandem jumped, I used my time at USF in Tampa to learn two things
1. Make money playing pool.
2. Joined just one club, skydiving club. Did a bunch of solo's.

The solo is from a much lower altitude(5000 ft) Tandem around 10-12000 ft. But the experience....WOW I loved it. btw try bungie jumping 300 feet after the skydive, I don't know which is better for screwing up your bowell movements for a couple of days lol

My wife has two priorities, shopping and paying my life insurance premium. I wonder why?

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:

Ok Andy, it official, next meet activity we go sky diving!
WooHoo!! I'm up for it.. Is there even anywhere in Nebraska that does that?

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
A friend of mine flies for our local skydiving outfit. You need a few classes and tandems before they let you solo. They still have an automated system if you dont pull. FAA will eat them a new a$$hole if equipment is not up-to-date and fatality occurs. Few years back this did happen to an unfortunate individual. Met a guy a few days ago with over 2600 jumps

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Melon said:

WooHoo!! I'm up for it.. Is there even anywhere in Nebraska that does that?

-Andy "Melon"
There is at least one place not to far away. I am thinking there are a couple even though.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Sky Dive Chicago? My friend jumped with them and they are totally cool. I believe that they will explain everything to you on the ground and go over it really well with you. From my understanding they give you enough information that you could do it yourself except they won't let you. Have fun and be safe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts