TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im planning on going to look at a 92 LSC Mark VII, the car needs an ABS pump in which i can get really cheap, and it needs body work, in which I can do. Now what are the things that I should look for. I know the air suspension is a huge factor. If worst comes to worst, I can switch to regular springs and shocks. The car only has 90,000 and thats what caught my attention. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one is familiar with the 5.0 92 Lincoln Mark VII?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have limited dealings with them. My friend loves his mark he has put about 100,000 miles on it and it hasn't let him down. HE also had ne before that but he hit a deer one night. I would say really the only thing to look for is the air suspension. The motor is a standard 5.0L HO and the trans i believe is an AOD, nothing too different there as from a MN12. Just check it carefully with all the usual check points and it should prove to be a good car or a bad one very quickly.

Will

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok if its a bad one ill just get rid of it heheheheh thanks man.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have gotten two of them cheap, ripped all the drivetrain out of them because air suspension was shot. Cheap way to get 5.0 HO and AOD, got it in my 84/88 Bird.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im planning on doing a resto, im getting it for 800 bucks, and the best part is that it only has 90,000 miles and its a 92 the last year it was made with them nice steering wheels. ofcourse the car needs work, just of the hands it needs a new ABS pump, and cosmetic work, but im planning on painting it all white, grill and all, im taking off all the chroming. And dropping it with coils. Plus some other stuff.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah lets see if the car is in good enough conditions to restore, if the engine and tranny are shot then its not worth it. Ill have to find another one. hehehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.