TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that, although a 4.2 sc'ed built splitport would be nice, it just isn't in the cards. I'm wanting to start the splitport swap though. I know I had a list at one time, (all I found are the pictures that racecougar sent me of his swap) and I can't seem to find what I'd need thorugh a search. Can someone tell me what I'll need to get from a junkyard and what I'll need to fabricate in order to do this. If possible, I'd like as much of a "down to the last bolt" list as possible before I start the swap (I'm thinking a one or two weekend swap, hopefully). From what I've gathered, I need:

Upper Intake
Lower Intake
Heads

That's all I can remember off of the top of my head. Can someone help me out? :confused:

Thanks in advance

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Just off the top of my head:

99+ upper intake
99+ lower intake
99+ heads
RPM switch to run IMRC's if you use a lower intake equipped with IMRC's
Fuel rail (either custom fuel rail or a 97+ Windstar fuel rail with custom holddown brackets)
EGR tube (will need to either be made or will need to "reshape" a splitport EGR tube)
19 or 21# injectors
99+ throttle body (will need to be modified to work with your throttle/cruise cables)

Since you already have DIS, that eliminates 75% of the work.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know you'll need other parts, but it's been a long time since I even had to think about that swap.

-Rod

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
pricing everything seperate, you MIGHT be better off getting a complete splitport engine, rebuild it (bearings, rings, etc) and put it in... i have seen low milage engines for about $500.

Just remember, have the heads checked by a machine shop

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Litning said:
pricing everything seperate, you MIGHT be better off getting a complete splitport engine, rebuild it (bearings, rings, etc) and put it in... i have seen low milage engines for about $500.

Just remember, have the heads checked by a machine shop

:zwthstpd:

Back in the day, I picked up my splitport engine/trans combo for something like $700 shipped with only 24,000 miles on it. That was somewhere around four years ago, they should be the around same price or cheaper now.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Since you already have DIS, the wiring will be relatively simple. You'll want to use your MN12 EEC, EEC harness, and engine harness. You will have to lengthen a few wires and swap some of the new connectors onto the MN12 harness.

Your car will then just need to be dynotuned to get the EEC to run the splitport engine properly.

-Rod

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
since you didn't ask, are you going to use IMRC's? If so, that can complicate the install a little. Review PJ42's article at the top of this forum and note his information on the wiring for the IMRC's... those are not EEC controled!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts