TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody... I'm seeking help from you thunderbird guru's .. I'm not new to thunderbirds (previoulsy had a 97) but I'm new to the year I'm going to potentially acquire tomorrow. My last Tbird well... sort of had overheating problems (cracked intake manifold etc..) and I never could solve the problem even after replacing the intake, so I got rid of it and bought a 2011 Ranger. Thing is .. I kinda miss it lol .. So in hope of getting the best possible tbird Id like to know what should I be looking at ? Do 95's have any problems in particular like 96/97 had with that crappy plastic manifold? Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is the heads. The valve guide seals design isn't as good as the later heads and tend to start leaking oil into the combustion chambers at lower mileages. Check for puffs of white smoke during acceleration after idling periods or other common signs of oil consumption.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Looks clean. The spoiler would look great if it fit the car. It looks to narrow to me. Overall it looks good in the pics. How do the fluids look? Has maintenence been kept up with? If you are worried about temps put a thermostat in it then flush it. Thermostat is cheap and easy to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts