Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Try and Hit Farmington tonight & see how the 3.73 does :D

Gates open at 5pm and testing starts at 6pm

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Sounds like fun. You're in for a real treat. To bad it's just an eighth mile.

Remember to keep the air in the tires low and to check them again after the first couple of runs.

15 to 18 psi is what you're looking for.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron will do, Punched it yesterday and it barked 3rd and spun for about 3 feet !!!! :D Hope to meet you guys soon at a 1\4 track

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Farmington NC

Times on the 1/8 mile . Felt a bit of spin at the start and when catching second

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Congrats Darren. Now you're getting a taste of true speed.

I'll let you and Red97Tbird know as soon as I can when we can get together and head back to the Rock or zMax. For me the best time will be late November usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving so clear your calendar for that weekend.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ron , The calender is marked . Should be nice cool weather in Nov as well ;)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Probably not what you want to hear,but I still think it needs more converter. You are currently using the "marijuana" unit otherwise known as the gateway drug. While not physically addictive it is still mentally addictive. You'll be in a 9 inch "heroin" unit before you know it. By then the addiction is so bad you'll be taking off early friday afternoon to check the air pressure in your tires before heading to the track to race.
Alan

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WTH kind of English is that , You built the product for me and I am pleased . And why trash what I have

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Well basically Darren he is saying a Kung fued maurerder converter, and yes a great tc but how would about a 1.60 60 ft look Darren I'll explain what Allen is saying tomorrow shoot me your phone number in and email torque converters all Greek to me but I pretty much understand the deal with it

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
What I was trying to say humorously is that stall is addictive. The more you get the more you want. If you want the car to pull out of the hole you need more. These modular motors can't seem to get enough of it either. While a modified 11 inch unit does make a vast improvement over stock, eventually you'll be begging for a 9 inch unit pushed to the limit and still wondering if there is a way to get more (cough Driller cough)
Alan

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Stall is a drug indeed.

I've already made the move from "marijuana" to to "Heroin".

I'm waiting on my drug dealer to finish his next designer drug for me. sniff. sniff.
(rubs eyes and scratches right foot)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Understood Robert/Alan bigger TC next summer , Just about at the allotment on my bird this year;) But it still gets the [email protected] out of the way :D

By the way Fall is getting here "Frost on the pumpkins this AM "

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
This is why I'm thinking 4.10/ may be a great up grade even with your current tc it would get the 60fts prolly to a high 1.79 in good air and pick up some mph on the big end

Robert

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will keep you in mine Joe when the time comes , I might go that route but not sure will see how it does with a 4.10 rear gear if i do that. , Not sure about doing this because I need the bird to be a street able car , Not just for the tracks

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Will keep you in mine Joe when the time comes , I might go that route but not sure will see how it does with a 4.10 rear gear if i do that. , Not sure about doing this because I need the bird to be a street able car , Not just for the tracks
Get a locking converter and you'll be fine. I run a 3500 on the street and others run bigger. I really want to go with a 4000 stall minimum. So maybe when I go that route I can flip mine on here for someone for a dirt cheap price.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So what is the general consistence here guys , Keep my 3.73 that I am happy with for the ease of hwy use and go with a 3800 or more TC . Or 4.10 gear to work better with the Marauder TC.

Also let me add I hate for Robert to have to drop that trans again and the PITA exhaust

BTW Not rich but not poor . TC are high dollar

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
So what is the general consensus here guys , Keep my 3.73 that I am happy with for the ease of hwy use and go with a 3800 or more TC . Or 4.10 gear to work better with the Marauder TC.

Also let me add I hate for Robert to have to drop that trans again and the PITA exhaust

BTW Not rich but not poor . TC are high dollar
Fixed it for ya. :rolleyes:

My advice would be to keep the 3.73's for a bit. You just got them installed. Also, I'd pick the 4.10's up for now and just stash them away. (Heck you can't beat $139 shipped) you can always add them later. I'm even considering a set. :D

The 3.73's are much more highway friendly.

I would also go with a 3,800 or more stall TC if I were you; regardless of your gear choice you can't go wrong with more stall. I couldn't be happier with mine. I traded my Marauder TC in to Alan when I made the switch. He gave me a nice discount on the new TC with my trade-in.

Going with both the 4.10s and a higher stall would give you the double benefit. But you've GOT to get bigger rims and tires and upgrade that driveshaft first before you consider taller gears or more stall.

Get the 3.5" Dynotech. Don't even consider the 4", it's overkill and won't even fit the car properly.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts