TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive very vaguely heard rumors about gold thunderbird taillights (and maybe other parts too) but I can find absolutely nothing on google in regards to this, but it is something that interests me. Are they real? Can they be purchased? What vehicles were they used on?

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
I've been very curious myself. But I've never seen them before, either.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Gold huh ??? If you mean the Tbird emblems on the tail light panels, I have seen quite a few. They were a dealership add on, they gold plated the tail light birds, Ford emblem, antenna ring, and the Tbird in front bumper.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have seen a few in the junk yard, the dealer package cars, with the medallions on the C pillars and the cloth top.

I don't think any of the factory models or packages consist of anything gold tone.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
No separate part numbers for gold plated trim, completely done aftermarket - and it seems like the finish doesn't hold up nearly as well as factory chrome

·
Registered
290 Posts
Gold huh ??? If you mean the Tbird emblems on the tail light panels, I have seen quite a few. They were a dealership add on, they gold plated the tail light birds, Ford emblem, antenna ring, and the Tbird in front bumper.
My pearl white 95 has this, except for the antenna ring, it's chrome. The finish hasn't held up very well, I prefer the chrome.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts