TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been awhile. The project was on hold for three months waiting to get the Reinhart trans issues settled and a useable trans and TC to Atlanta.

Scott's been working his butt off the last couple of weeks.. and I think the engine bay is filling out rather nicely:

and there's alot going on that you can't see without looking close. Like the rear cylinder cooling mod:

Great work Scott.. :thumbsup:

-mike

·
Registered
331 Posts
To answer your question, between you and the Cougie-monster, I got no more drool left. Very nice!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Dear God... It is a beast.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I can't wait to see her on the road.... :zdevil:

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts

I polished the Alt/TB (I'll never do that job again!!) and had the intake ceramic coated. Some stuff like the K-member was powdercoated mirror silver and I also painted some stuff too.

:leftright

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
That is friggen sweet. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I swear that when I have the money to redue the car me and the Dr. are going to have to do some talking.

But that won't be for a couple of years.

·
Registered
184 Posts
OMG that motor is awesome!! Great Job guys!! What kind of cash are we talking to build that thing??

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
had to go get my sunglasses to look at the pics. lookin good though. do you guys have an estimated time of completion yet?

Frank

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Pappy said:
OMG that motor is awesome!! Great Job guys!! What kind of cash are we talking to build that thing??
Cash? Swipe now and pay later. :D I don't even think Mike wants to add it up....and to think he just left it there to get a tune. That looks like a hell of a tune to me! :D

Russell

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Midnight said:
I swear that when I have the money to redue the car me and the Dr. are going to have to do some talking.

But that won't be for a couple of years.
I think the good Doctor may be retired after this year :rofl:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Pappy said:
This is not a project for the faint of heart.. Russell's got it right, I don't want to add it all up... and I did just leave the car behind after SSHS 3 for a Jerry tune in Atlanta and a custom installed W&S Info-Panel...

Not counting the coating, and many cans of paint...

The bill for the shortblock, heads, porting the intake, baffles for the valve covers, and some other odds-n-ends parts Jim had laying around was something over $7000.

The intake was something over $1500

The valve covers are around $500 a pair (without baffles)..

I forget what the PS sump and Steeda fuel rails cost..

60# injectors were around $500

The couple of AN fittings you see are just part of maybe $500 or more fittings that will ultimatley be on the final product:

I don't remember what the Vortech extra large braided oil lines cost, but they were very dear.

The Pro-M MAF was something over $400 (I think):

The intake tube you see in the pic is part of a mix 'n' match Vortech T-Trim "kit" that was around $4000 all tolled:

The Vortech "kit" did not include the aftercooler:

or the Corvette intake:

or the Cobra heat exchanger:

or the HEAVY DUTY By-Pass:

which were all bought separately.

Let's see.... then there's the Bosch in-line fuel pump, teflon coated stainless fuel lines, Aeromotive regulator, many feet of braided hose, battery relocate box and cables, assorted fuse blocks/relays/fuses, Raxles, JL's braces, rear corvette disc brake kit, assorted stainless hardware...

Oh my God, I gotta stop, I'm about to cry .... :bawling:

I just realized.. I got the J-tune (you know what that costs) and been through 5 sets of injectors (long story), and still haven't driven the car... and the Info-Panel is not paid for yet, or installed...

Actually it's all good... and I am supremely grateful to Scott for taking on the project... and for all the assistance from Jim O'Neal, Johnny Langton, Mike Siska, Lonnie Doll, Tommy Higgins, Jerry W., Dan Newman (of course), Chris at Circle D Transmissions... yes, and even Dennis Reinhart... I'm sure I left out a few others, and there are others who I don't even know about... Scott will have to fill me in...

-mike

·
8,239 Posts
my ballpark is 50-60k when its all said and done. Serious coin. This is not a car that you would park in the street at night :)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
Gee, I hope it starts. :(
No sweat.. Jerry can dummy up a dyno sheet to make everyone happy, and I'll just tow it around to shows, and look pretty...

-mike

1 - 20 of 45 Posts