TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
[sarcasm]Of course it is. It is NEVER the fault of the individual. We're in American after all![/sarcasm]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people are beyond help, and the only bottom they are going to hit is the bottom of a grave.

I have personally met quite a few people throughout my life who would not be able to stop using drugs/alcohol regardless of the consequences.

Some are dead now, some are in jail.

I am not dead.
I am not in jail.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Some people are beyond help, and the only bottom they are going to hit is the bottom of a grave.

I have personally met quite a few people throughout my life who would not be able to stop using drugs/alcohol regardless of the consequences.

Some are dead now, some are in jail.

I am not dead.
I am not in jail.
So, are you saying that you stopped using drugs, our are you saying that you are talented enough to continue using drugs while avoiding both death and jail?

Hats off either way, I suppose :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, are you saying that you stopped using drugs, our are you saying that you are talented enough to continue using drugs while avoiding both death and jail?

Hats off either way, I suppose :D
That would be talented like charlie sheen I guess...

I was addicted to heroin for 4 years. Have not done it for 10 years now.

I haven't been drunk in a similar amount of time. Drunks are fools.

I quit smoking about 8 years ago, and got prison out of my system when I was younger.
I have not attended "counselling" or any type of twelve step program or anything.
Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror and realize that you don't want to be a loser for the rest of your life.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts

I quit smoking about 8 years ago, and got prison out of my system when I was younger.
I have not attended "counselling" or any type of twelve step program or anything.
Sometimes you just have to look in the mirror and realize that you don't want to be a loser for the rest of your life.
good job you. :cool:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts

It would be a better world if more people in low situations would follow your lead :thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be a better world if more people in low situations would follow your lead :thumbsup:
Thanks guys.

I kind of figured that just pulling some guy with issues off the street and giving him money in the belief that you are saving him is not really going to help the guy.
Then the whole forced rehab thing, he probably spent the whole time wishing he could go and spend some of that money on a little of this or that.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
This is the ONLY way it can happen.
JL

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
BlueMN12 I applaud you!:thumbsup: Many people I know including a few relatives refuse to accept someone can go on their own cold turkey and will show very little, if any support for whoever does or is successful at it. Meanwhile they'll just keep on sending the same people through the revolving door of 12 step, AA, rehab, ect. until they're magically cured or more likely dead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts