TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wive traded her 3.0 vulcan powered wagon for a 5.4 Expedition. Anyone have any tips, comments or experience with these beast? Seems like a nice truck truck for hauling a bunch of kids and a camper.

·
Registered
488 Posts
there is a known headgasket problem on the 5.4's in all the trucks, also with the 4.6's. Also one thing to listen fore, if there is a rearend whine louder that the radio, all cars have some rearend noise, its mostlikey time for new bearings. And thers a known problem with the intermediate one-way blowing up in the 4r100. These are on the older body style

Josh

·
Registered
366 Posts
my mom's friends bought a 5.4 expedidtion back when they first came out. they still love it to this day. They bought it to replace an old jeep wagoneer V8. They only thing they didnt like was that they had to make the garage door taller :saeek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

It's a 2000 EB with 30K. It is very tall. Took it for a long drive and found myself looking down at Explorers and Durangos. Seems to run fine and it has a 75K drivetrain warranty left so I don't expect the head gasket to go bad until it has 76K on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts