TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for you, Since the Pics of Michigan Cars Thread was taken way off course. We can now discuss plans for your intake and any other problems that we want to discuss.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Is his intake leaking?

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very much so, and for getting the suspension wrapped up at about 8 was because of experience, we didn't do this that long ago on my car, so that helped; Plus, having people at different stations on the car helps.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its funny how we were like the pit crew for a while. That all seemed pretty easy. I need to get some stuff for my car soon.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
So when we getting to the intake?
Unless you guy's can handle it next time I get a day off!! LOL (next year)

Its funny how we were like the pit crew for a while. That all seemed pretty easy. I need to get some stuff for my car soon.
If you got's time we need to do those UD pullies for ya. UUHHHMMM I think im free after work Friday 5:30 We would need to do it either at my house or somewhere we won't be blowing fuses left and right with the air compressor. (need the air tool to remove the crank bolt, and pulley.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Thanks guys!

I didn't notice this thread until just now!

I'm still trying to get my exhaust installation squared away! Here's what I wrote in the other thread, which I won't hijack anymore!

<< I tried a place in Mexicantown and they also wanted $350. Looks like the place in Wayne is it. I can't find these damn 02 sensor mounting bosses anywhere and I told that guy about it. He told me to find 4 18mm nuts with 1.5 thread pitch. I'm having a hard time finding those too! What an adventure and a half this is becoming!

Still need to find good chrome tips that I can just walk in and buy since I'm going to be getting this done tomorrow or Wednesday. Auto Zone, Advance, and Murrays have virtually nothing and when they do it's garbage >>

<< I picked up four 18 mm nuts with 1.5 thread pitch at a place called Warren AutoMetrics in Livonia on Wayne Rd just off the I-96 EB service drive. The only difference is that instead of being round they have 6 sides. They were $5 each too! >>

I really appreciate all the help you guys have given and can only hope I can reciprocate in some way, and I really like the learning process on my end!

Jurgen was saying if the compressor was plugged in directly into the wall instead of an an extension cord it wouldn't have blown any fuses. My garage runs on the same circuit as the family room, where the computer and the A/V system is.

·
829 Posts
Hey guys, I got my exhaust in finally, it sounds great! Two hi-flow Magnaflow 94004 cats going into a mid-mounted Magnaflow 11385 and then back out to "believe-it-or-not" NAPA chrome tips that are 2 1/8 inch diameter for $13 each! 2.25 pipes all the way through.

Click on the pics to make them larger:

Still have a leaking intake manifold though.

·
829 Posts
Sure does, I can tell though that it's a little "tired" but the exhaust does help. It's not a "Mustang growl" but rather a nice low mellow tone, and the drone is not too bad at all. 143,800 miles on the ticker now. When that intake gets done I'd like to put in a new serpentine belt (squeals from time to time but not always), new plugs and wires, maybe 2 new coil packs and I'd like to clean the engine.

I went with high-flow cats as opposed to no cats because I deleted the cats on my previous '88 with the 5.0 and the thing ran so rich I could barely breathe!

My check engine light came back on too.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Happy Birthday Gonzo!!!
Damn your like twice my age LOL

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
blahhahahaha you couldnt catch me you might throw out your hip!!!!

·
829 Posts
Intake Manifold

Any chance we can take care of my intake so I can stop my leaking? This time I'd like to actually do it and get my hands all dirtied-up! I can throw a few burgers and all-beef hot dogs (WAY BETTER than Ball Park or Oscar Mayer) on the grill along with some sodas, lemonade, chips, etc.

I still gotta get that 180* thermostat to replace the one that came with the manifold.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, bro, you let us know when and where, since you are the leader of that endeavor just tell us when you want us to come over, then we can go from there. Sound like a plan??

·
Registered
477 Posts
And if you need us to bring tools.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts