TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a good 3" inlet and outlet muffler? I'm probably going to go with a single 3" exhaust soon and get rid of my true duals. I dont want a magnaflow or flowmaster muffler either. I was looking at a Bassani but it seems as if the 3" is only the RACE mufflers, and i dont know how those sound and i also dont know the volume level of the mufflers either. So if anyone has any ideas to point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
try Full Boar or V-Force mufflers, pretty cheap and sound good in a di/do midmounted true dual set up, Tony has it on his car on this forum and sounds awsome to me.

why dont you want magnaflow or flowmaster?

·
Registered
401 Posts
i'm running a hooker aero chamber.....sounds great.....and i don't think there are too many people running them, so it'll be different

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Moroso Spiral Flow Racing Mufflers

94051 Spiral Flow Racing Muffler, 3.0" inlet/outlet

Using advanced gas dynamics and sophisticated noise cancellation acoustics, Moroso engineers have developed a new series of Racing Mufflers. Specially engineered spiral baffles divide the exhaust flow into two separate paths, significantly reducing noise levels with minimal backpressure. The all-steel construction makes them durable – our efficient manufacturing process makes them affordable!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you heard those spiral flows in person? They look identicle to my Dynomax race magnums, except for that spiral crap... I was even thinking about getting the race magnums AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Lookin for the same thing,

S-Fly has me intrigued with this 2.25" to 3" single pipe idea. Im gonna try it out.

that spiral muff looks interesting.

~MG~

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm probably going to go this single pipe route. Not sure on 3" single or 3.5" single... I figure it wont be much a difference between the two. It just seems like the true duals for these cars HAVE to be bent so much that it looks restrictive as all hell. Especially with most cars on this site running crush bent true duals... To me if a single 3" pipe is enough to support various import cars with 4-500 horsepower, even more... it has to be enough for even a PI swapped t-bird... Just my opinion. I'm sure somebody can tell me different, but thats what i think....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts