TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one cracked me up!!!

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a classic Jag when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his E-Type when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working on the Jag head. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic..."Try doing it with the engine running."

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Very smart, and fast thinking doctor!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Yeah, funny....except....[bursting bubble]....they actually do stop the heart to work on it. They hook it up to a bypass machine which does the job of the heart while they start an infusion that stops the heart.

Sorry Don!! LOL!

·
Registered
789 Posts
maybe change it to "try doing it without turning the car off first"

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grasshopper said:
Yeah, funny....except....[bursting bubble]....they actually do stop the heart to work on it. They hook it up to a bypass machine which does the job of the heart while they start an infusion that stops the heart.

Sorry Don!! LOL!
Sorry, but I thought the exact same thing when I read it!!! The heart is "off" and bypassed whilest they hack!! :D

But it's still funny!!! :tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts