TCCoA Forums banner

Good Buy or a Bad Buy?!?!

803 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  94 Daily Driven 4.6L 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yeah, I thought about that also... I just have to see how far they went. I'm hoping they didn't go so far as to need shimming. But for $125 for all 4 cams... a chance I'll take. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Cobra cams slightly larger than the Gen I Mark VIII cams? :2huh:

#4 ·
I wouldn't trust the seller that puts a message about his anger at non-payment of shipping. Just me though. Do you have a DOHC to put them in? Those numbers seem really mild, but I'm comparing that to SOHC cams.

#5 ·
Yes I do. :D

And his remarks about non-paying is VERY common. I have seen that a lot and not had any problems. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
Based on what I've read there's only a .10 difference in the Cobra and Gen 1 Mark exhaust cams. The intakes are the same...

I'm wondering if he'll actually sell them to you at that price.

#8 ·
There is a chacne of a killer deal though..

Keep us updated :)

#9 ·
I just sent him the PayPal and he has already replied that they will ship tomorrow. So far seems like a very up and up deal. We'll just have to see. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
They are on their way! Woohoo :znanner:

Here are the specs:
Intake
Duration @ .004 lift: 255.9
Duration @ .050 lift: 192.7
Peak valve lift: .41672

Exhaust
Duration @ .004 lift: 255.0
Duration @ .050 lift: 192.5
Peak valve lift: .41421

The guy said they do not require shims, nor do they require special springs. So it looks like this might be a good deal. :znanner:

And does anyone have the stock specs for a Mark VIII cam!?!?! I at one time found the specs for a Cobra cam, but I can't find it again. :mad:

I would really like to compare these numbers to stock. :D

#11 ·
Lookie what I got today. :znanner:

I've done a quick look and can't find any cracks, but I'll get a magnifying glass and take a slower, closer look. :D

I also need to check the casting numbers. Two are F6, and the other two are F4. And it probably would be a good idea if I found out which cam was intake/exhaust and right/left bank. :leftright

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.