TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I;ve installed an 1988 8.8" rear from a Turbo coupe that was a right off under my 62 F;lane for the 3:73 gears, Trac-lok & disc brakes.
At the same wrecking yard, hidden away in the back sat another Turbo coupe in pretty decent shape & because i;ve learned to love these cars i;m wondering if its a good buy. They don;t have the ownership or any doucumentation on the car so i can;t even tell you the year, it does have rear drum brakes. Everything seems to be there as far as wiring, computer, the engine will turn over easily with a breaker bar on the crank pulley & other than broken side windows its pretty solid.
Is there anything i should look for in particular? I can;t start the car as it has no battery or keys & the yard is planning to put it in the line for crushing very soon.
Its a 5-speed car, good interior & i can get it for $175.00.
The fact it has no ownership makes me hesitate, I guess as a parts car it would be a good buy?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
$175.00??? for a parts car with no documentation? you might wanna think real hard about that, most wrecking yards won't even look at a car with no title, if you think it's worth it then get it, but i would get a piece of paper that says that the yard will take it back once your through stripping it, cause if not you might have problems disposing of the body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thinking was maybe the engine/tranny would be a good for an ealry falcon swap, your idea on getting a letter asking the yard to take back the shell is good advice
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts