TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are some on ebay for my 3.8... 62.95 and 64.95

Are they any good?

or, is there any for under 100$ that are good?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Yeah, K&N panel filter and remove air silincer total cost $50.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you want a really nice looking one, I think MAC makes a kit for the 3.8.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone have a link on how to do it with pictures? or, how would I just go about ripping it out? Isnt there stuff that needs to go back that was connected to it?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
To remove the air silincer; open the air box, remove filter, undo the bolts on the bottom, pull box out and now remove the slincer. Jack passenger side up remove wheel and fender shroud , silincer will not just pull out.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah, its really easy, I think MN12performance.com has an article on how do it somewhere on their site.

·
Registered
466 Posts
bowez said:
To remove the air silincer; open the air box, remove filter, undo the bolts on the bottom, pull box out and now remove the slincer. Jack passenger side up remove wheel and fender shroud , silincer will not just pull out.

No need to jack the car up, jsut pull the plastic liner loose(take out the screws) and pull the airsilencer out.

Basicially, losen the clamps on the intake tube at the Throttle body, then at the MAF, then the one on the airbox/MAF connection. then pull out the PCV tube that goes into the intake tube. Next unbolt the 3 nuts that hold the airbox in place. and vola, its out. As far as installation of the CAI, its pretty much self explanitory, but the CAI should have instructions on how to install it, since there are different setups, I cant possibly tell you how to route the pipes, and such.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I found it much easier to jack it up, but then agian I had not cut the well to the outside.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i didn't jack my car up i then again i have no fender shroud so i just turned my wheel and looked up in there and took it out very easy for me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts