TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking around the local site here in Utah and found a used 2004 4R70W, the guy said it came out of a 2004 F150 4.2L. It does have 50k miles on it, it was j-modded but the accumulator springs are still in it. He said it comes with the TC also. He is asking $750 for it, is that a fair deal? I have no idea about transmissions. I do know I will have to swap my tail shaft in. Would I have to use my stock TC or can I use the 4.2L's TC?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,579 Posts
That seems a little high to me. I paid $500 for my 70k 04 GT trans (which Alan is rebuilding for me anyway), which seems like an average price for such a unit. $400 would be a good deal, anything over $600 I'd say is high.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
No I do not think that is a "good" deal. I have paid more in the past, but not for a truck unit. I highly suggest a car unit. The truck unit will work but you have to be careful if you mod the valvebody. You know it needs dismantled for changes right?
Alan

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I thought it seemed a little high, and yes I knew it had to be taken apart but didn't know what all was entailed, I'm not a transmission guy. Computers and websites are my thing ;)

I found a few GT transmissions but I have a V6 and finding a V6 trans isn't easy here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts