TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly ever drive my cavalier anymore, it gets about the same mileage as my cougar does, and the cougar has working AC, is more comfortable, and awesome tunes.

Im thinking about trading it for a 1994 F150 Straight 6 Auto. The tranny was replaced 6 months ago and the rest of it only has 100k on it. Anyways, heres a couple pics:

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
If you can trade a cavalier straight-up for that truck, absolutely do it. The 300" straight-six is one of the most durable engines ford ever made. People don't change engines in those trucks, they change trucks around those engines! If you didn't have another car as a daily driver, then the gas would hurt you, but since you have the cougar, I say buy the truck. At least it's useful, whereas a cavalier really has nothing going for it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just traded a 1979 Honda CM400T for a '93 F150 with the strait 6 and a manual tranny. I'm not looking back, that's for sure. And that was a bike, which doesn't compare in disposability to a Cavalier.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It would be easier for me just to throw my bike in the back of it and go mountain biking and so my g/f or some buddies can go too. Im gonna try to contact them this weekend, ive already sent an email.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent them an offer for my cavalier, I sent them pictures and everything saying ill trade even for it (they were offering their truck for $900, my the cavy was for sale for $1500) and this is the response I got back..

he said, no way.... thoes cars are junk!
So not to lower my maturity level any due to craigslist, I sent this response back.

Well I already have a buyer for it so thats not a problem. Do you still have the truck? Maybe we can set up a time and I can come look at it.
Some girl wants to buy my cavalier, she only had $1200 at the time and I wasnt going to take it for that considering theres nothing wrong with it other than it has a rebuilt title. I might offer it to her for like $1250 or $1300 if I like this truck.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I sent them an offer for my cavalier, I sent them pictures and everything saying ill trade even for it (they were offering their truck for $900, my the cavy was for sale for $1500) and this is the response I got back..

So not to lower my maturity level any due to craigslist, I sent this response back.

Some girl wants to buy my cavalier, she only had $1200 at the time and I wasnt going to take it for that considering theres nothing wrong with it other than it has a rebuilt title. I might offer it to her for like $1250 or $1300 if I like this truck.
Take the girls money, PIIHB, then go buy the truck...Three problems solved at once!:D:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts