1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Wow that’s not cool. Well if that person has the receipts from what he was supposed to get then I’m sure he will get his money back some how.

·
Super Moderator
7,514 Posts
Damn! I know that place too! It's only about 15 minutes from my house. I guess I know not to go there for anything in the future.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know. i do my own work for a reason.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
This whole deal sucks. Because that thread exists I am out about a week of my time and about $1500 in cash from my own pocket. That thread was promised not to exist just a few hours from before it started. It became something I was hoping would be very good for me to something that was nothing but bad, and everything I did worked flawlessly. After this past week I'm just plain sick of hearing about it.
Alan

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
This whole deal sucks. Because that thread exists I am out about a week of my time and about $1500 in cash from my own pocket. That thread was promised not to exist just a few hours from before it started. It became something I was hoping would be very good for me to something that was nothing but bad, and everything I did worked flawlessly. After this past week I'm just plain sick of hearing about it.
Alan
how did that work out? what happened?

·
Registered
773 Posts
After reading through that mess it looks like he got what he paid for to me. After the vendor posted up the invoice all he could do was spout more insults.
Invoice says factory fuel lines right on it not -06 AN fuel lines.........
Sorry but I would side with the vendor on this one.
He should have went to the vendor with his questions before ranting on the internet.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
After reading through that mess it looks like he got what he paid for to me. After the vendor posted up the invoice all he could do was spout more insults.
Invoice says factory fuel lines right on it not -06 AN fuel lines.........
Sorry but I would side with the vendor on this one.
He should have went to the vendor with his questions before ranting on the internet.

So you drank the JDM koolaid too then. I guess you want to overlook the fact that it wouldn't make within 100RWHP of JDM's claim. I guess you want to overlook the fact that the blower had no oil in it. I guess you want to overlook the fact that the fuel pump wiring was smoking hot.

You say you read that thread, but it sure doesn't sound like you did at all.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
So you drank the JDM koolaid too then. I guess you want to overlook the fact that it wouldn't make within 100RWHP of JDM's claim. I guess you want to overlook the fact that the blower had no oil in it. I guess you want to overlook the fact that the fuel pump wiring was smoking hot.

You say you read that thread, but it sure doesn't sound like you did at all.

Don't cunfuse a good story with the facts. JDM said this is the only unhappy customer ever, how can you doubt that.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Don't cunfuse a good story with the facts. JDM said this is the only unhappy customer ever, how can you doubt that.....:rolleyes:

Kind of how cingular says they have the fewest dropped calls but is the only cell company ive dealt with that will drop a call?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
ok, I don't know about you, but if I want a supercharger installed on an F-150, i'd say hit up Sunset Ford in SoCal, and FURTHERMORE, last time I checked JDM = JAPAN DOMESTIC MARKET or Japanese vehicles, and the F-150 sure as hell is not even remotely japanese.

Why take an american car/truck to a place that CLEARLY is for Japanese vehicles?

Beyond that, still,
$22,000 dollars?!
What kind of IDIOT spends that much on ONLY that little work?!

I could have done the SAME work on that truck myself and had it tuned for maybe 5-7,000.
Where'd the other 14k come from???

the buyer is an idiot with too much money running his damn mouth, and the vendor's a sleazy-ass scammer.

not a good combination.

-ghost

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
In this case JDM is Jim D'Amore Motorsport Engineering.

Pete

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those of us who live on the east coast, (the guy who owns the truck lives 20 minutes from me) dont wanna send out stuff to california, it takes long enough to get stuff shipped from there.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
good to know info atleast... since im getting a lightning here soon i dont plan on going to them for anything

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Tmobile and Cingular are both pretty bad about dropping calls...
the one network I've dealt with that actually has the fewest dropped calls and most coverage was verizon.

dropping calls is completely unacceptable in a metro area like los angeles, where I live.

Back to the truck though--
twentytwo thousand dollars. lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts