TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This write up isn't for any one who knows a great deal about T-birds. It is more for the guy that is like me, not too sure of what would be the best way to get the bird to fly. After months of worry and a few misleading comments from transmission companies. One company told me my through out bearing on my automatic was bad. I decided to go with Dennis Rienhart for the tranny. I ordered it and it is on its way. I just wanted to take the time to let everyone in on a little information. It is extreamly hard to get a good and reliable company to hook up stuff for T-birds. Most coments made me feel stupid for even asking. I have ordered stuff in the past from others and all I got was a ton of run around. I had questions about how the new and improved parts from art carr and Dennis would help. Yes I know about the write ups in the tech articals explained it. But even after reading those dam things over and over agian. I still didn't understand how all these parts are worth spending 1500.00 bucks when I could just have Joe shmo do a rebuild for 500.00. I am a Navy man, so my money is as hard to get off of me as the tatoos on my arms. So when I called Dennis full of reservations and worry, he took a good deal of time to break it down. Why his tranny is bullit proof not just giving me a list of mechanical mumbo jumbo. I even spoke to other tranny shops that gave me info on how good Art carr and Dennis Rienharts trannys are. Even though it took my money else where. So all in all, if you are in the position to get a new tranny. And you reservations are as big as mine where, Give Dennis a call. Leave your Number and he will even call you at your house to give you the run down. Thanks Art Carr And Dennis for all the help..

ET2 Eric J Ross USN

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Its good to see people post good experiences as well as bad ones.:tongue:

Russell

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Eric,

I will also say we, the US Taxpayer, don't pay you people enough for what you do.

I'm not ex-military, but my niece just got out of the Navy in July. Was a gunner's mate where you are.

Did you put on a tranny cooler to go with the new tranny? It helps with the heat a lot. Especially for places like the Grapevine or Cajon Pass.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A tranny cooler...I will put one on, but unfortunatly I only have the resorces to put the tranny in this weekend. But in three weeks I am going to put a cooler on. Is that alright?

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Sure. I did the same because we ran out of daylight doing the JMod and going to a Car Show, eating out...

I no longer have hot floor boards.

Oh, you can get a cheap, but excellent tranny cooler at www.bulkpart.com. You won't need the additional connection kit. I put mine under the battery in the space mirror to where the air silencer WAS on the other side. Works out fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts