TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody out there that has bought and installed the new mid-lenght headers that kooks just came out with for the 4.6? Don't even know if they are even available yet. They look like they have some serious potential. But i know they were all over the boards for weeks, and then they made the mold for them and i haven't seen or heard anthing about them since. So anybody got them yet? how are they performace wise? got pics?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
THey have them for about 700 BONES, I am not trying to sound like I am B******G, but I thought the whole idea was to come up with something more affordable than what else was out there?
Even though JBA's are a shorty they are still stainless and more attractive for those of use strapped for cash, not to mention you can put the JBA's on the same time you upgrade to those nice new P&P PI heads without having to lift or drop the engine (depending on how you do it) like you will to get the KooK's headers on, which runs $300-$500 if you don't have the equipment to do it yourself.
I'm sure the new Kook's headers are nice, but they are seemingly still pretty cost prohibitive.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with Ron here Perv. The JBAs are notorious for cracking (RichardM has done some research and discovered that the JBA design is build horribly), some people have had the JBAs crack like 2 weeks after they put them on. The JBAs also are known for not having a good gasket surface and the back cylinder on the passenger side leaking from day one.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I have a set...And they will go on in a few weeks.Excellent quality,and the JET-HOT brand finish is flawless. It even appears that they can be installed along with the heads or engine without going in from the bottom..I'll have to wait to see.
JL

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
I have a set...And they will go on in a few weeks.Excellent quality,and the JET-HOT brand finish is flawless. It even appears that they can be installed along with the heads or engine without going in from the bottom..I'll have to wait to see.
JL
Damn those headers look awesome!

After reading for a long time about everyone's issues with JBA, I have to agree, the price of the Kooks should be well worth it. Kooks makes damn good headers...glad they finally made some for our land barges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts