TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well keith had mentioned this and i couldnt find anything on it. but as off feb1 2007 1995 and older cars and light trucks are now exempt from testing! this is so cool , i wanna go and hack the cats off the kitty right now! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sweet.

I just moved to IL and was going to have to get the 94 bird tested in order to get insurance and plates on it...but screw it now! Time to put the catless exhuast on!!!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a sheet about it at work ill bring it home and scan it, and i talked to a friend that works at the linconshire test facilty, says its true , after the first, im240 is dead

·
Registered
647 Posts
That's cool...although having the exemption gave me a warm fuzzy. :D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Emissions

I had heard that....................but didn't believe it, until now.

Hope is 100% true and is not changed by some halfwit in Springfield!.

I was worried some testing dumbsh*t would blow up my five speed.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yea...some of them ain't the sharpest tools in the shed...I watched a guy set up my Mark 8 with the front wheels on the rollers. I let him get it all set up then as he started the car, I flagged him down :rolleyes:

·
Registered
455 Posts
the guy killed my 5sp f150 3 times tryin to get it in the bay! they wouldn't let me near him till he told me that my truck was faulty, then i asked him if he took off the parking break! idiot!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
testing

Anyone have a copy of the new change?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Emissions

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

·
Registered
958 Posts
i'm up for test in sep. this year. do i still need to test this last time? does this include all of IL? Madison County?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You need to pass under the new rule that goes inplace on Feb. 1st, 2007 to be exempt.

So go test one more time and when you pass, your new certificate says EXEMPT instead of PASS. I imagine it is all of IL, the rule says "Illinois Vehicle Emission Test."

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mybird_91 said:
i'm up for test in sep. this year. do i still need to test this last time? does this include all of IL? Madison County?
if i am reading the lanaguage correctly , unless you have recieved a notice to test your exempt now .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts