• Other

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a split dual exhaust on my 97 Tbird replaced 3rd cat and Y with My 40 Series Flowmaster Delta flow 3 inch under car and split behind rear axel to dual 2.5 pips with Stainless 3 inch tips. Anyways I might switch out my flowmaster withsomeing different not sure if I like th esound. Yes it is loud inside sometime sbut not an annoying buzzing. Just cuirous where is that Big muffler comparo I seen in Car Craft or HotRod?? Ican't find mine and what muffs do you guys reccommend. I know almost any would bolt up I have senter in center out configuration so I may be limited. Dynomax? Flowmaster, Bassani, Borla, Hooker, Flowtech? I have terminators on my 72 cutlass and it is bad *** man she grumbles for not having any cam work done to her. Please let me know what ya think would be sweet by your poll submission or typew me your own suggestions.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
If you got the money go Borla, otherwise Dynomax or Magnaflows. Dynomax are great, no drone, and loud under acceleration.

I would have gone with Borlas, but I wanted to play around with my exhaust a bit. If I ever redo it, I'm going Borla.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
dynomax.....all you.......if you think flows are buzzy with your setup......go with magnaflows or borla's if you want a smidge quiter.......no drone and a sweet tone.....but its all about choice....ima magnaflow fan.....but it realy is just what ever your prefrence is

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
too bad magnaflow doesnt make a catback system u would have to get a custom exhaust done with magnaflows attached. Could you use a magnaflow hi flo cat converter on the 3rd cat?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
you could use the dynomax catback and bolt on magnaflow mufflers 2.5" b/c dynomax sells the pieces to the catback....that would work...might cost a little more

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
magnaflow...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
witch dynomax's are super quiet?...i love dynomax mufflers but i like a little more sound then that

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well........the ULTRA FLO's aren't all that quiet my any means. I honestly feel they're louder than what my Flowmaster's were when I had them on the CAT----with the rest of the exhaust set up exactly the same with both sets of mufflers.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
I went with Dynomax from Summit Racing...great price, and the reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well at risk of getting flamed i have to say i love the flowmaster cat back i just got on the thundercat. just loud enough and not too much drone. i defintely feel a differece in acceleration. i know lots of people like the dynomax setup and magnaflows. i would love a borla setup but i wasnt about to drop 700$ on a cat back ya know? but stainless looked so nice. :D

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
has anyone passed smog with a dynomax catback kit in california, with ultra flo mufflers instead of the super turbos?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I like my Flowmaster Force II system, sounds and looks great

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
SanDiegoLXBird said:
Although Borla appears to be the best muffler on the market, I'm kinda curious to see how a spintech muffler would stack up against it.
See for yourself. I didn't include it in my results as it wasn't very good and isn't popular.

wilson502 said:
has anyone passed smog with a dynomax catback kit in california, with ultra flo mufflers instead of the super turbos?
You shouldn't have problems, a cat-back will not change your emissions.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts