TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i am going to be putting the SVO car under the knife this winter. I was going to do a big bore kit but decided against it this year due to me losing my transmission to a fatal burn out in first and second gear.

So i am looking at a T45 swap but I figure while I have the transmission out why not lift the motor a little bit and fit some kooks in there!? So i've searched kooks on these boards in hopes to find a place that doesn't sell them for $700+ and maybe I can score them a little cheaper. If not I'll just bite the bullet and buy them from kooks. But lets see if any of the internet freaks here have searched and maybe found a cheaper site to buy them. I also think my JBA's are leaking on the weld which is another reason I want to change them. I have big plans for the car this year and I would love to finish off the exhaust with some REAL headers!

So let me know guys!

Thanks!

-Larry

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoot I forgot about them.Ok cool I may look there but last time I bought from Bill It took him 2 months after payment to ship my product. After numerous phone calls and a threat to paste my bad expierance on the boards (which i did) he finally got my stuff shipped.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I ordered my Kooks from Bill (obviously) and received them 2 weeks later. They were even made to order as I had them not weld in the bung for the egr tube. The headers shipped straight from Kooks.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Shoot I forgot about them.Ok cool I may look there but last time I bought from Bill It took him 2 months after payment to ship my product. After numerous phone calls and a threat to paste my bad expierance on the boards (which i did) he finally got my stuff shipped.
Ive actually ordered quite a bit of stuff from him and havent had any problems yet (cross my fingers). The shipping turn around has actually been quite good most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
Do not buy the headers uncoated because you'll need to coat them anyway. You could send them to Tbirdbrain at braincoating and he could take care of them for you but, the price would be about the same as buying them already coated.

FYI, Bill at SCP will nail you on the shipping. IE charge you about 3 to 5 times as much as it costs him to send it to you. Like coolhandzep said, "They're shipped straight from Kooks." and Kooks is now in Statesville, NC. It's not that far to ship them anywhere on the eastern seaboard because they're centrally located so, shipping shouldn't cost much.

If I were you, I'd contact Kooks direct and try to eliminate the middle man markup.
Address:

Kooks Custom Headers

141 Advantage Place
Statesville, NC 28677
Phone (Sales) 1-866-586-KOOK (5665)
Phone (Tech. Support) 704-768-2288

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm pretty sure Bill at SCP is the only retailer. I'm not sure if Kooks would even sell them direct; last I heard they had some arrangement with Bill for the Tbird/cougar headers. I'm local to Bill so when I buy from him I go to his store. He's a good guy, but some of the prices he charges are a little ridiculous.

-Rob

·
Super Moderator
12,075 Posts
Yea, I've heard that too (about Bill being the "only" source). I've often wondered what kind of "exclusive" agreement he has with Kooks, and how long this arrangement is suppose to last.

I'm local to Kooks, so when I get a chance I'll swing by and inquire.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Bill paid for the Jigs required to make the KOOKs headers and has exclusive rights to them. SCP is the only source for them.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Try the classified here, occasionally a set or 2 are for sale...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try the classified here, occasionally a set or 2 are for sale...
Thats what Im really hoping for. Also keeping my eyes peeled for a transmission

1 - 11 of 11 Posts