TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what would be a good setup for a 5.0 I just want a low rumble, nothing loud to ruin the driving experience. It already has a mild rumble from the stock setup. At idle, id like to hear that v-8 sound also. Just gimme some ideas :cool:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
one of my buddies has a dynomax dual in/single out super turbo muffler mounted midbody... two 2.5" pipes going in, one 3" pipe going out and to the back, where its split back to two 2.5" pipes.. granted he is pushing over 300hp but it sounds really good.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a dual thrush set up on my 3.8 Its not all that loud, mainly because its a 3.8 lol. I love the growl to this engine. I removed the air silencer last night, it it made some difference in the sound. I dunno if i really want to remove the resonator, because that would make it too loud i think.If i just added some dual dynomax super turbos to the back, i think that might be what I want.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I got rid of the resonator and welded the Dynomax bullet muffler in its place. Then had the two rear mufflers cut off and straight pipe put on there. It sounds awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts