TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
SO, what I am thinking I will do is, replace cats with high flo, run 2.25 pipes down, x pipe, and put some flowmaster(or something better) midway. What you all think?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
I'll be having a Dynomax Catback for Sale in a few weeks actually. First dibs is to 93LX if he still wants it. I'll be having quite a few goodies to sell actually.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'd buy your catback but I'd rather have the whole exhaust redonesimilar to blade runner's red tbird. I appreciate it tho.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hahaha.....YES!!! I've successfully corrupted another!!! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
THanks =]

It's interesting tho. They aren't like mufflers? Looks like they're not going to fit my need as legal..... but we'll see =]

·
Registered
740 Posts
They passed a Harris County, TX sniffer and visual, so I'm pretty sure they'll work for you as well....lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
HMm.. sounds good. NOW to go ask around to see if I can get anyone to say that it's possible to do this set up. Asked one shop.. they said I'm out of my mind cause the car's too small or some bull... lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Save the pic of my exaust setup, print it out, and take it to them. They say it's too small and can't be done? HAH! My setup proves them dead wrong...LOL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Good idea. You said you replaced your third cat with an x pipe, I do not see an x pipe.... am I blind? It could just be hard to see. I guess that's where the "resonator" was, I think I can see it now, some what.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i saw someone on here with NO X PIPE and a true-dual muffler where urs are and he snaked them around a little cleaner than yours. I was at a couple of shops that said no way. i was under the car with them, and showed them and they said they weren't gonna waste their time. bet i can find a shop when i have the $$$$$$

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, if you're looking for cheap and something that will work you could use my old setup. I'm actually going to sell it very soon. I can't post on the selling thread because i don't have enough posts yet. Here's a pic of my old setup. It's all welded and with Borla XR-1 race mufflers that are 12 inches in length and 2.5 straight in/out. It's loud, and sounds very unique to most cars. It's all aluminized tubing as well, but the mufflers are obviously stainless. It's also got two high flow cats ($90 each) and the Borla mufflers aren't cheap either.
let me know what you think. This was on a DOHC in which the manifolds are a different offset. So you'd have to cut the pip and weld the correct angles to go onto the SOHC motor that i'm assuming you have. The bungs for both sets of front and rear O2's are there. This would be a "Legal" system as it has mufflers and cats.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I couldn't imagine how much it would cost to ship that thing... It's all welded one piece. I could cut it if you like at a point of your choice, but i'd really rather not ship this thing. It's located at my fathers house in Port Tobacco, MD. let me know...

·
Registered
23 Posts
180000 miles $

Hey i have a 97 3.8l v6 and im not sure when i need to do exhaust work to it. Should I? it runs but I am not sure what needs to be done. Anyhelp would be appreciated. I prefer a less noise exhuast. Thanks.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
you dont need exhaust unless your cramming in more airt more air coming in more air is going out and eventually the exhaust starts to restrict flow. so eventally you'll need larger diameter pipes. if you going for less noise your going to restrict flow.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts