TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to post this, so i put it in Miscellaneous. My '97 4.6 LX Sport has been my daily driver for the last 10 years, and has never failed to get me to my destination. However, it recently developed an exhaust leak, the driveshaft u-joints are going, and I found out I will be moving to Colorado. Even though my tbird has always been faithful, I decided it was finally time to get a replacement.

I found a pristine 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart with low mileage for a good price and jumped on it. It's a big transition and I already miss driving the tbird, and don't know what I'm going to do with her.

I wanted to thank all the members of this forum for all the advice and technical info that has kept my car on the road. The helpful and knowledgeable people here have been an incredible help through the years. Thank you!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parting the car out isn't a realistic option for me as I don't have the time or motivation to disassemble the car and find buyers for parts. I'll probably end up finding a local buyer and price it well under kbb value..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sell the car here on the forums would be my advice. Let the bird go to a fellow bird lover imo.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
How much do you want for it?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
My buddy owns a Lancer, and enjoys it, its just not as fast as the Evo.

Also, no reason to part out the car if the only thing giving you trouble is an Exhaust leak and U-joints. They are both fairly inexpensive to repair, sell the car as a whole so somebody else can enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
price it well under kbb value..
$1k is not that far under Kbb value just fyi, IMO the car IS worth the price if that's all that's wrong with it.

LOLA doesn't deserve any further response IMO as this site tries not to deal with ignorant people at all.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where in florida are ya, and how much under kbb are you talking? they're allready under valued as it is imho...
$1k is not that far under Kbb value just fyi, IMO the car IS worth the price if that's all that's wrong with it.

LOLA doesn't deserve any further response IMO as this site tries not to deal with ignorant people at all.
I forgot to mention the car has an aftermarket stereo worth over $600 (two 12 inch subs, 4 channel amp, subwoofer amp, interior speakers and alpine head unit with iPod adapter). I think $1k would be fair, but again, my intention was not to post this thread to sell the car.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
It's hard to compare those 2 cars, like comparing apples to raisins. Good luck to you I hope your car finds a home that appreciates it and all of it's American excess engineering. Make sure to tell whoever buys it about this place.

By the way, what do you want for the car? I really am not in the market but I like 97 and black tbirds. Not to lowball you but I will give you $600 as is, where is and come get it with a trailer.
Alan

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
FWIW, the Import Car industry (Asian in particular) has really stepped up it's game when it comes to vehicle quality and performance compared to the domestics.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
That cleaned up well. Good pick on your future endevors. If I had the money I would probably buy that bird from you. I also like the lancer. If the bird doesn't sell to someone here at least lead them to TCCoA.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Have you thought about trailering the Thunderbird with you to Colorado?..

You could always use it as a back-up if your "New Daily Driver" goes down.. :zdunno:

Life is always full of uncertainties..One thing that is certain is.. Your Thunderbird has been reliable for all these years..

If you can afford to..Just keep it.. :)

Rayo...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

You could always use it as a back-up if your "New Daily Driver" goes down.. :zdunno:

Life is always full of uncertainties..One thing that is certain is.. Your Thunderbird has been reliable for all these years..

Rayo...

I agree, my Thunderbird costs like $32/mo to insure and $72/year to register, its totally worth it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I can afford to keep it, but the Air Force will only pay to ship one car to my next base, and we are responsible for driving the other one. Seeing as how my wife's car (2008 Acura TSX) gets better mileage, we will be driving it. It doesn't have the ability to tow the tbird, though. Trust me, if I could, I'd keep the tbird!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts