TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://earth.google.com/
A friend showed me this last night, and needless to say I have been playing with it all day today. You can put in a starting point and a destination and it will drive you there on a satelite image. They also had 3D maps of some cities. Just wondering if anyone else is addicted to this as I am?

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Downloaded it after reading this.

Holy

Crap.

This is awesome!!!!!!

The odd part is, it has my dad's house (middle of nowhere) but not my college.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Nice find its pretty interesting

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yeah, the largest city in the U.P. (Marquette) is all fuzzy, but my hometown of 1700 people is crystal clear. Odd what they choose to photograph and what they don't. I also noticed that Honolulou is mapped, but Pearl Harbor is fuzzy.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
my computer reboots when i launch the program :(

·
8,239 Posts
Aaron_T said:
That's pretty badass. Can even see my 95' Bird and my Taurus in the driveway.
Anyway to find out how long ago it was taken? It's atleast a year old.
Whats your address dude I want to check it out?

You can see my brown roof and my neighbors pool , but not too much of my house there is too much tree cover.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
awdRocks said:
my computer reboots when i launch the program :(
got it to work... very cool

why is it that some areas are not detailed??? If its sat pics shouldnt it be detailed anywhere you look?

·
8,239 Posts
usually only popular areas are going to be detailed, outskirts and residential areas aren't usually very detailed at all.

·
Registered
170 Posts
thunderpigeon said:
Yes .. go check out the battleships and carriers in Norfolk VA. lol I look at that constantly too It's just plain f'n awesome.
No battleships there, just lots of missle cruisers and destroyers. Kinda makes our bases in Halifax and Esquimalt look tiny. :(

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
When I looked at my house I could see both patrol cars(mine and my wife's) in the driveway...but it is pretty old, because there has been a freeway near our neighborhood for a while now...still pretty cool though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Area 51 anyone?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts