TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my gorgeous '94 Cougar XR7, which I purchased over four years ago from the original owner! I have all the original books, extra keys, service history, etc.

The original Teal color is stunning, and the original owner informed me it was original paint. It's been garaged its whole life. Shines like new! This one was ordered with extremely rare and valuable chrome-and-gold composite wheels. I've never seen another set of wheels like these! I installed a set of old school "curb feelers" on the right side to prevent scuffing those whitewall tires and pretty wheels when parking!

The engine and trans run like new, no leaks, no smoke, no overheating, etc. It gets 22 mpg on the highway—not a Prius but not bad for a V8-engined luxury coupe! It shows over 206M on the odometer, which stopped working last year. I estimate I've put another 1,000 miles since. Speedometer works fine. All other gauges work, as does the AC, cruise control, remote locking, overdrive on/off, even the touchpad buttons on the driver's door for locking/unlocking!

The beige interior is very clean and I had a set of custom Cougar floor mats made for it. The driver's seat bottom is some showing wear and there's one small cut on the driver's door panel. It's the most comfortable car I've ever owned and it's the perfect car for a dash to Las Vegas, Palm Springs...or cross country! And I get more thumbs-up in this car than even my '93 Jaguar convertible! It's fast, comfortable, reliable, flashy. I'm only selling it as I need the space!

More photos at:

$3995. It comes with a clear California title in my name.

~ Dave 818-606-2097

·
Super Moderator
11,671 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Looking at the pictures I would not have expected it to have 200,000 miles! Looks very nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kenz ~ That's what happens when you buy a one-owner car from its original owner who babied it and garaged it its whole life, and then you take over and do the same! I've never seen a nicer one, even with half the miles! It's pretty much a "unicorn!"

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Nice car, GLWS!

Personally, I would take it easy on the silicone under the hood, it's screams "used car dealer 5 minute Armor-All job". But that's just me. I usually just wipe everything clean with damp old rags.

Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rocket Man ~ I totally hear you and had to laugh! Actually, there's not a drop of Armor-All on the engine or hoses or any parts. I haven't used that stuff in ages. I have old rags that have been used to wipe things down with a light coating of WD-40, which, unlike silicone, doesn't dry out and promote cracking, prevents corrosion, and picks up very little dust. So I can wipe the motor down months later with nothing but a dry rag and it still looks immaculate. This motor looks like this all the time! And I use the WD-40 trick on my cars and motorcycle rubber/plastic components as well. Try it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts