TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a code today 174 book says the oxy sensor switching slow? WTF? which one? anyone encountered this? thanks for youe help. by the way its a 4.6 auto it has 2 sensors.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Clean your MAF wires. There's a tech article on it, go to the main TCCOA page and hit tech articles. You actually have 4 oxygen sensors, the 2 primaries (the front 2) and the other 2 just tell the CPU the cat's are working. Try taking them out and heating the tip up with a torch and clean them up a little. How many miles on the car???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already cleaned the maf wires and flashed the computer. the ck engine light turned back on and the code 174 was . i know there are 4 ox sensors but only 2 per side! but i did not know what the rear sensore read! thanks. so i'm assuming its the front oxy sensors?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
do a search on this code theres tons of threads and suggestions on what to look for. This code is pretty common around here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one book says lean on right side another is oxy sensor is switching slow. but which one is bad the front or rear?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
It will be your front one. If its bank 2 i believe its the passenger side upstream 02 the one closest to the engine. Do a search because i just did one and this code could be a number of things. Check those first b4 you haul out $80 for a new sensor. Just a suggestion

-Matt-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts