TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I was at a "photo" intersection in Sacramento (Howe and Fair Oaks) and I was the first car (in the front) at the light. I was stopped, well behind the limit line. I noticed about 4 police cars and 2 CHP's (Harley and BMW) at the '76 gas station accross the intersection. The police began to pull out just before the light turned green for me. I took off nice and easy and one of the Cops in the right lane was goin slow...... like 20Mph and I passed him, then his lights came on. I was like "F---, what now" and then I pulled over.

The cop was pretty cool and just gave me a fix-it ticket (my friend got fined $85) but now a have to put my crappy front plate back on......

man

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
ohh lets not get into this again.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Just jerry rig it on, go in and have them look at it, then take it back off.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
SOO Glad NC doesn't require front plates :D

:cool:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
Just jerry rig it on, go in and have them look at it, then take it back off.
If you get caught again it's a real fine this time.

Here's a brilliant idea. Follow the law and you won't get a ticket.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
AndyR said:
SOO Glad NC doesn't require front plates :D
:cool:
Me to, I would be getting tickets constantly!

Stupid ugly @&^@%!&%@#$ front license plates.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
on second thought, I would probably have the tag just stuck in my front window the entire time, only attracting the bored officers in my area.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
the fine is suppose to increase by 40% the second time and higher after that. I got 7 tinted window tickets in 1 year and it was $10 each time. I got off easy, Fresno is large and busy enough that the courts don't have time to look at everyones record for every fix-it

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

If you get caught again it's a real fine this time.

Here's a brilliant idea. Follow the law and you won't get a ticket.
I have a front plate, I don't worry about it. But if you don't have the bracket anymore, it is an option. 99% of the time they won't pull you over for it anyway. I don't know about anywhere else, but the fine in Iowa is only like $5 plus processing fee if you were to get caught again.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
I have a front plate, I don't worry about it.
That part was not directed at you, just those that whine when they keep getting pulled for ticketable offenses.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I've got a card that says I don't need one. I love the look of officer's faces when they pull me over for it, and I just show them the card.

I got the card because in my accident the mount was totally wrecked (stange, it wasn't on the car at the time!) and my car was still driveable. So I asked the officer on scene for a note so I won't get a ticket between then and when I get it repaired. He failed to date it. :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
My old 89 3.8l was sitting in a parking lot in anchorage with the front end away from the road. Hence I was backed in. When I got out of the mall. BAM:zbash: There was the ticket for no front plate. He must have been really bored or wanted to pick on my bird. Any way got home: got paid: mailed the 35 dollar fine off. No fix it ticket, just a fine.

GRRRRR Anchorage cops are known for there a$$holeness. It is like they are trained in it. "ok first you will have to take a$*hole 101."

Don't get me wrong I do not have anything against cops, I wanted to be one. There are good cops and bad cops. Too bad we mostly see the bad ones. Cause they tend to do the most picking.

Laterz

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CA Laws are horrible...........

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Minnesotas laws suck also, 2nd only to California. The way it is here, if it's illegal anywhere in the US, it's most likely illegal here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts