TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just listen to a guy speak about telling stories. His name is John McDonald. He is a local story teller to the Maine area. Anyway he had a good one I thought you guys would like. The story goes as follows:

There are these two brothers that live on the other side of town. They are good, hard working guys. They are always looking for work. So since Maine is a popular summer vacation place, people sometimes need some things done when they come for the summer. Things like fixing houses or decks, or doing something with the yard, etc. So one day, one of the brothers goes to a house which a couple just moved in for the summer. He asks if they have any work he can do for them. The man there says him, “sure, I have some work you can do for me”. He tells the one brother to pick up a bucket of white paint and the paint brush that is sitting on the ground right near his feet and to paint the porch on the side of the house. Only 5 minutes later the brother comes back around to the front and says he is done. The man says to him, “you can’t be done in only 5 minutes”! The brother says to the man that he is done. He says, “I went to the side of the house and look for your Porsche. I didn’t see the Porsche but your Mercedes was there so I painted that”.

I thought that was a great little story. Funny when you hear it in person for the first time.

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uncler Lar said:
I heard it as a Blond joke with a Porsche and no Mercedes.

Now that you mention that I think I heard that before. Either way its kinda funny.

-Shawn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts