TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, before I get my wheels, I can squeeze ONE more mod in, and I choose for it to be my exhaust, I want to get it fixed and get the chrome tips how I REALLY want them..

The job overall was kind of sloppy when you look closely at the pipes... They are noticably uneven and the mufflers can be easily seen..

Anyways, a shop told me that it is too crowded underneath to throw on true duals and that the spare tire well also hinders room too. <b> They said however, for $150 - $200 dollars they will take out my third cat, throw on a flowmaster muffler there instead and run out the pipes into 2 Mustang style tips (straight out and chrome of course).</B>

The pipe will probably be 2.5 inches, I wanted your input if the sound would be different than what I have now since I would be dropping a cat and going from two mufflers to one single mid mounted muffler.

Right now, my current setup is this:

I am sorry, but that is the best pic of it I have. The right tip looks good in person.. but the left is pretty damn offset.

My Goal? Big V8 sound that is recognizable on the street and is actually decently loud at idle. I feel like this setup is too quiet at idle and not deep enough.

Is this a good deal/idea?

Please let me know ASAP, I have to call to set up an appointment if I decide to do so... :D

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The first guy that did my true duals didn't know what the heck he was doing, and they looked like crap. I took them to another guy, who did an outstanding job, then took it back to the first guy, and told him that was the way it was supposed to look.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've had two guys tell me it couldn't be done. However both of them said that if I could show them where to put it and/or show them photos of one. They'd be happy to give it a shot. I'm getting mine early next month.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Traveler said:
I've had two guys tell me it couldn't be done. However both of them said that if I could show them where to put it and/or show them photos of one. They'd be happy to give it a shot. I'm getting mine early next month.
I guess pictures are worth a lot huh... anyone got a pic of a 96/97 true dual undercarriage?? PM me or email them to me at

[email protected]

Thanks again!

EDIT: I wanted to add, I DID LOOK IN THE CAR GALLERY, and I do not know exactly what the undercarriage of the 96-97 look like at heart, I know the bumper is shaped differently allowing a little more option for earlier models.. So for those who have true duals in their 96/97.. please post!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a 94 undercarriage... Is it the same?

Please let me know ASAP so I can get my freakin pipes!!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got an update, I found pictures of Wes' exhaust setup on Cardomain in his white Bird and I printed up the pics and showed the guy who does exhaust.. He said he'd do it and was guessing it would be around $375 to $400 for everything (I will not have resonators seeing that I will still have my cats). I am going to ask for the H pipe right after the 2 cats... Hopefully that will not cost more.

I will probably go Flowmaster again however. I really don't see the problem with Flowmasters at all that a lot of people dislike them here for..

Mustangs come stock with dual chamber Flowmasters I thought...

Anyways, thanks for your help. When I get the job done I will post pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts