TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my Brakes to the KVR set... Here is my ??

I currently have 15" stock wheels. If I get the stock replacement 10.8 KVR Kit including the Calipers, Crossed Drilled Rotors and such. If I later upgrade the Wheels to 16" or 17" am I gonna have to go with the 13.8 Kit then? Or can I keep the 10.8 with the bigger wheels?

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
In short, no. If you go with the 10.8" kit now, it'll fit under your stock 15" wheels and give you better brakes. If you upgrade to bigger wheels later, those 10.8" rotors that fit under a 15" wheel, will still fit under a 17" wheel. Therefore, you can go as big as you want to on the wheels and still use stock or slightly(10.8") upgraded brakes.

Now if you WANT to go with the 13" big brake upgrade, you'll have to have 17" or bigger wheels, or the wheel won't fit over the brakes. Make sense?

In short, you won't have to go with the bigger brakes when yo ugo with bigger wheels if you don't want to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize that.......

I guess what my question was is will I need the bigger Brakes if I upgrade the wheels? Is there a performance issue with 17" wheels and 10.8 brakes. also what are the advantages to going with the13.8

·
Registered
244 Posts
no, as he said, you can fit anything smaller under a larger wheel. perfomance wise, the wheel size shoudl not affect the brakes. a lot of guys have stock small brakes and 17 and 18" wheels. the advantage to the 13" kit...you WILL stop better. and, when you get the 17" wheels, they will fill up the space behind the wheel so nicely.

·
Registered
477 Posts
How much is the KVR 10.8 kit (for a 95, if its important). n/m

n/a

·
Registered
477 Posts
sweet

So it's about 450 (295 for caliper kit, 77 each for rotor). And, trust me, I'm joining, no reason not to.

Pat

·
Registered
157 Posts
Price...

I see that the one kit is $295 and that doesn't include rotors? Also the kit above it has the rotors but theres no price, but on the main page it has a package deal for $375... is that right? Sounds sweet.

I am looking for the complete cost for the 10.8 rotors, dual calipers, and pads. I like those silver cadmium rotors...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are....

I called and the Price is 695.00 they said the price on our site is incorrect.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Are you sure you asked about the 10.8's, not the 13's? Oh, and while we're on the topic of brakes, I saw the tech article on swapping your drums for discs. How much would that be (it gives estimates for everything else BUT the calipers).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts