TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally managed to get a second vehicle to give the Tbird some rest and relaxation. A friend of mine decided she wanted to sell her 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer. She was tired of paying the tags, insurance, and taxes on a vehicle she didn't drive anymore. I offered her 2400 and she took agreed. Interesting note on this truck. It was my dads truck before she bought it. When he was a dealer in the KC area it was his personal driver. When she said she had always wanted an Eddie Bauer Explorer I told her about dads and drove her up to KC to look at it. LOL Now I'm buying it from her.

Its got all the Eddie Bauer options (of course) plus a 5.0 with AWD. Its that green color that is common to Eddie Bauers It needs a Radiator, but thats a cheap fix. I'll post pics as soon as I get it repaired and home.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
They do have an info center.. don't know if its the same as the Mark or not.

Ok, these are the pics the previous owner sent me... They're not very good, but give an idea of what it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Those are nice trucks. Its good you could keep it in the family. :D

I look forward to seeing how your Tbird turns out.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sooo anxious to get the Tbird done! Its amazing how many things "pop up" that just have to be taken care of that have kept me from working on it. I could have had the engine in this past weekend, but my girlfriend had a family emergency requiring my assistance. Was of course happy to help her and her family out, but now its gonna be another week before a weekend off... LOL

And of course I have to get the Explorer on the road again, and try to not be tempted to mod the Explorer... well.. not at first.... hehe

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Depending on the mileage, watch out for the egr system. There is a valve mounted on the back side of the intake manifold that goes bad and likes to cause it to run like crap. Other than that, great trucks, taken care of they will live forever. My friend's 1996 EB Sploder is above 275k and still going like a champ even with having overdrive burned out of the trans for the last 30k or so.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, Michael you need to start a registry over there.

We'll keep that thing going for a long time. Good buy!!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually signed up on ExplorerForums not long after seeing Jons 347 Mountaineer... :cool: :thumbsup: Just hadn't been there in a while. I'll get a registry started as soon as I get it home, cleaned up, and get some good digital pics taken. The ones shown were taken by the previous owner with a cell phone.

·
Listening on 141.850 mHz!
829 Posts
Great to hear Mike! Wash it, claybar it, wash it again, then hit that Explorer with a Porter-Cable and your polishes/pads of your choice (I go with Meguiar's and Adam's Polishes) and it'll shine better than new!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a massive "Detailing Weekend" in my future soon. The Tbird needs a complete going over after spending so much time without an engine. The Explorer needs it as its been sitting in the previous owners driveway since last fall. I need to detail the Mazda Tribute that my girlfriend has been letting me drive since the Tbirds engine blew before returning it to her... Yea, gonna be busy on my days off for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts